Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dehaas battery block  (Read 1702 times)

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
dehaas battery block
« on: July 13, 2006, 09:39:42 AM »

Hi, I noticed that  my dm pro has a power converter that steps the power down to 9 volts, I was wondering if the dehaas battery block that powers the zendrum  will run the dmpro?
thanks
mark

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
Re: dehaas battery block
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 09:52:15 AM »

The battery block passes power through a MIDI cord.  The DMPro power jack is not MIDI, the pins are in different places.
Play nice.

firemusician

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 01:13:18 PM »

Hello everyone I had an idea or two about alternative power for the ZENDRUM as well, that  I spoke with  Chris about. He reccomends NOT to modify anything just use the block or get the battery mod from the Zendrum folks.  By the way, the Alesis DM Pro and most of their gear from that time period run on 9 volts AC as where the Zendrum runs on 9 volts DC.  Just my $.02.  See ya, Mark
Mark Nelson:  Fire fighter, Sound engineer, Musician and all around nice guy.

1st generation Zendrum, Asus 2.5 GHz  laptop with BFD2, Alesis DM-Pro.

GEEK_MEISTER

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 02:51:12 PM »

Hello All,

It's Chris deHaas, regarding the questions about powering the DM Pro from the battery box - it will not work, the DM PRO draws way too much current to run off of a 9V battery - it is true that a lot of Alesis equipment does run off of a 9V AC wall adapter, not 9V DC.    Plus, the battery box was designed to power only the Zendrum and nothing else.   

After fixing several Zendrum motherboards that were damaged because someone was trying to modify them to run off of other sources of power, I now strongly suggest to everyone to only use the Merge box, Merge Brick or Battery Box and nothing else to power the Zendrum. 

thanks,

Chris

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 02:58:26 PM »

After fixing several Zendrum motherboards that were damaged because someone was trying to modify them

OK, Jerry, how many did you burn?
Play nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up