Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old player, new joiner!  (Read 1626 times)

MerlinTKD

Old player, new joiner!
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:34:29 PM »

Hey! Long time Zendrummer, first time poster, or something like that...

Anyway, thought I'd poke my head up and say hi! I'm currently using my Zendrum with Steel Praisin', a steel drum band, and hoping to incorporate it into my upcoming solo project.

One quick question... I haven't visited the site in ages (okay, YEARS  ::)), and I was wondering the details on the chip upgrade?

Thanks! Looking forward to being part of the Tribe!

Michael Render

Re: Old player, new joiner!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 07:10:35 AM »

Welcome. I will have to let somebody with more knowledge answer about the chip upgrade, but I am curious about playing the steel drums with a Zendrum. What do you use for sounds?

MerlinTKD

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 07:24:17 AM »

I have an old Alesis DM4... primarily I use the various percussion sounds (kick, snare, conga lo/hi/slap, shaker/cabasa, agogo, timbales, vibraslap, crossstick) and adapted the manoteo style from the Resources site.

I do use a standard kit setup on one tune, but it's just that kind of song :D

Tom Roady

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 08:34:58 AM »

Welcome back into the tribe .....ah yes...the D4...it was our standard to play through for many years...it still was one of the easiest and quickest modules to program....I still have one as I'm sure Dave and Kim do also...no power source though...my dog ate it! " the mayor"

MerlinTKD

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 06:08:56 PM »

Welcome back into the tribe .....ah yes...the D4...it was our standard to play through for many years...it still was one of the easiest and quickest modules to program....I still have one as I'm sure Dave and Kim do also...no power source though...my dog ate it! " the mayor"

Thanks!

Interesting you mention power supply... I believe my power supply jack has a short, any idea where to purchase a new one?

Also, anyone have info about the chip upgrade?

Edit: NM, I found the power supply info on the Alesis site, and I notice there's a Tech forum here, which I imagine would be the place to find chip info!   ::)

And, duh, it's an Alesis D4, not DM4... oy!  ::)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 06:16:23 PM by MerlinTKD »
Pages: [1]   Go Up