Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Progress Report  (Read 1262 times)

Mr. Wayne

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Progress Report
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:28:45 AM »

Hello fellow Zendrummers. After having my EXP for a couple of weeks I finally got my new Laptop this week. I downloaded ZenEdit and BFD Eco and I must say ZenEdit is a terrific piece of software. It took me a few hours to get my preliminary Midi mapping where I wanted it but I suspect I'll change it a few more hundred times. I converted my two Pearl double bass pedals into E-pedals using Alternate Mode eHat controllers and they work fine. Now it's time to practice, practice, and more practice.

Mr. Wayne

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Re: Progress Report
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 08:56:19 PM »

Hi ZenDrum brothers, after a couple of months with my new EXP I have a mapping layout that I'm comfortable with at this point. After I narrow down what techniques work best for me then I'll make more changes. I added a pic of the layout in the attachment below. I'm still using BFD Eco and it works well for me I only added the London EXpansion pack which makes available more kit pieces. I love playing my EXP!

Mr. Wayne

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Re: Progress Report
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 04:11:05 PM »

Here's an update that someone may find useful. I took my two eHAT pedal controllers and removed them from my Pearl bass drum pedals. They worked fine on the Pearl pedals but I wanted to do a little experiment. I placed the eHAT controllers on the floor, plugged them into my EXP, re-calibrated them and they work great. I have the bass drum triggered using a mono input on one and a variable open/closed/chick HiHat triggered using stereo on the other. Thanks to David Haney for some clever internal wiring. For me there is no need to use any mechanical pedals with this setup. I place my heels on the floor and my feet easily trigger the samples. I attached a pic below for a closer look.
Pages: [1]   Go Up