Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on portable sound system for Zendrum - Fast Forward to 2017  (Read 305 times)

pasodrum

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile

Am new Zendrum player. I am in need of current opinions/reviews on late model portable powered speakers for small clubs/venues, where plugging into the FOH is NOT an option. Anyone have experience with Electro Voice powered ELX's, EKX's in 12" or 15"? Sometime ago (2013), Inspector uses QSC K12, is that still viable ? Are QSC 15's better suited? QSC also has wood cabinet "KW" line. What are Zendrummer's using now days? Otherwise thinking wait for Stompblock to arrive, then carry along for 2 hour drive to the Bay Area (guitar center & etc.) to demo various systems. Maybe, on the same loop I continue to Petaluma to catch one of Darin's gigs to see/hear what his setup is.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Opinions on portable sound system for Zendrum - Fast Forward to 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »

For small venues, I get by just fine with my trusty Simmons DA200S http://simmonsdrums.net/product/da200/

For any show that requires mains, I still bring the Simmons but use it as a monitor.

When I have to do my own FOH, I use two 15" JBL EONs with an 18" sub.  That's overkill for most situations though.
For medium sized venues I'll just bring one or both 15s.

HTH -- holler if you're ever in the North Bay :)
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite:

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

pasodrum

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 06:26:48 PM »

Darin, I did see that original post, was curious of new issue gear reviews.
BTW: I did not see any gigs this weekend for you, just back from Sebastopol/Cotati. Is that DJ shop downtown on the boulevard still there?   

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »

Nothing this week, but we'll be in the gazebo downtown next Saturday.  https://nebiru.com/drumwagon/show/?id=242

Yeah, that place is still there.  Good for emergency cables ;)
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite:

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up