Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: modules with no midi in  (Read 52 times)

Ronnie Balz

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
modules with no midi in
« on: June 14, 2015, 12:16:49 AM »

Is there a way to make a zendrum work with the newer modules (Roland TD-25, TD-15, etc) that don't have midi in?  I know Alternate Mode sells midi to usb cables to go directly into your computer.  Could a cable like that go directly into the module to receive midi?

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: modules with no midi in
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 12:55:55 PM »

The manuals would indicate a 'no'.  There is no mention of MIDI IN or playback of recordings made via MIDI OUT.  Perhaps more telling though is there is no MIDI implementation chart.

◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Ronnie Balz

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Re: modules with no midi in
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm maybe not being clear or I'm misunderstanding your reply.  I'm not talking about somehow turning the midi out into a midi in, I'm talking about doing some sort of midi to usb conversion and sending midi from the zendrum into the module usb port.  If one of these modules is plugged into a computer, it can receive midi from a sequencing program like Logic or Digital performer so it seems possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up