Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holding the ZX Southpaw style  (Read 533 times)

jonathanm

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Holding the ZX Southpaw style
« on: November 10, 2013, 11:36:50 AM »

Hi, I'm left handed, and was wondering about holding a ZX the "wrong way" - ie with left hand on top, and right hand underneath, a bit like a left handed guitar.

How does the ZX "sit" if held like that? I mean in terms of balance, on the strap etc. Does anyone use it like that, or does anyone have a photo of it being held like that, which might help me to envisage if it would work for me?

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
Re: Holding the ZX Southpaw style
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »

Hey Jonathan,

I am left handed as well, and I always play with the left end of the zendrum "up", at my left shoulder. I think that's generally the position everyone uses though, isn't it? I sometimes use the ZX up at a higher or lower angle depending on the song and what I am trying to accomplish. Lately I've been using it sitting down, on keyboard "x" holder, and using foot pedals for kick and hi hat which allows me more freedom to use my hands for everything else. Its different than what I have been doing for 6-7 years, but I think I like it... so far!
Good luck!
Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up