Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: power on 24/7 ok?  (Read 1011 times)

JimmyTheSaint

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
power on 24/7 ok?
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:31:34 AM »

Even when I'm not playing my LT, I want to leave it powered on because it sits on a snare stand where I will frequently and randomly go over and play it. I do sleep my computer frequently because it has different electronic considerations, but in my setup it would be convenient to just leave the LT on even when the computer (my only sound module) is sleeping. Is there any substantial reason to see leaving the LT on 24/7 as an unnecessary risk of some sort?

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: power on 24/7 ok?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 05:50:54 AM »

No reason to be concerned.
Leave it on if you want to.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

JimmyTheSaint

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 06:25:40 AM »

Thanks for verifying. I mean, with no moving parts or heat generation I thought turning it off and on might even be more wear and tear on the electronics than simply leaving it on.

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 10:19:39 AM »

Don't worry about it either way.
As little trouble as we've seen in all Zendrums through 20 years,  you can still count on us to have your back no matter what.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 11:39:04 AM »

Still though, why leave it turned on?  It only takes a few seconds for it to come online once you flip the switch.
My wife would be giving me sideways looks for wasting electricity like that  ???
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

JimmyTheSaint

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »

Still though, why leave it turned on?  It only takes a few seconds for it to come online once you flip the switch.
My wife would be giving me sideways looks for wasting electricity like that  ???
It's really very specific to my situation. In my particular workspace that I've worked out to be best, the arrangement of switches, power strips, wall outlets, and gear makes it so that it's more convenient than you'd ordinarily think to never have to muck with turning this switchless Zendrum LT off and on. And for some electronics and lights, switching off and on too often is actually more costly than leaving it on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up