Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a Really Good Summer To Be A Zendrummer!  (Read 403 times)

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
It's a Really Good Summer To Be A Zendrummer!
« on: July 05, 2013, 08:12:26 am »

I know that's awful, but that's why I leave the lyric writing to guys like Mike and Neil. ;)

Wanted to let everyone know what I was up to lately; got a few interesting projects ahead of me this summer. 

I've been booked for a lot of pit gigs in the area, and my ZX is coming along for the rise the whole way!  This month I'm playing an outdoor venue which does have me a little nervous;  I've never done an outdoor venue with this rig before.  Luckily half of the band is electric/electronic as well so I'm hoping that will stand me in good stead.  This was funny how it turned out because I showed up with my Zendrum to the first rehearsal to make things easier to set up.  Everyone liked the stuff I was doing so well that once someone pointed out the show was only about an hour long they started protesting on my behalf that it would be silly to bring an acoustic kit for that short a set!  That was quite refreshing.  Assuming that we can get the sound reinforcement behaving itself, I think it'll work out quite well.

The other gig is another pit orchestra situation, but this is much more high-tech.  The whole band will be wired up, individual headphone mixes, everything.  Covering a few different styles and the band just cooks.  Unlike the outdoor gig, I'll be able to leave my board and effects set up in-between shows which means all I have to do is show up with my Zendrum which is awesome. 

All in all, I'm feeling like quite the well-travelled musician these days and the fact that I don't have to worry about putting drums where they work for me or what they'll sound like makes it so much easier to concentrate on orchestrations and musicality.  I'm digging it hard. 

Hope everyone else is doing well.

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up