Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard layouts?  (Read 905 times)

Rabid

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Standard layouts?
« on: July 11, 2013, 03:51:43 PM »

Just wondering if ZenEdit comes with standard layouts for GenMIDI, Roland TD, etc... that map those devices to "suggested" pads on the ZX and EXP. When my Zendrum comes in one of the first things I will do is try some different layouts to find the one most comfortable to me. I'm hoping that ZenEdit will introduct me to some of those possible layouts.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Standard layouts?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 10:05:44 PM »

Yes, it comes with mappings for all popular modules and software packages.  When you create a new project file it defaults each setup to the factory defaults which are David Haney's suggested layouts. 

My suggestion would be to download ZenEdit and start playing around with the setups and creating your own layouts.  Once you receive your license key you can unlock the demo mode.

regards,
-darin
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Rabid

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:53:20 AM »

Thanks. I'll download today and look everything over this weekend. I'm really thinking about using the TD most of the time and keeping a bass drum pedal and HH controller attached to the TD. That gives me some foot control without running those cables to the Zendrum that I am holding.

Slyder

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:22:29 AM »

How can I get at the Demo ?  Would be great to check out while I'm waiting for my ZX to arrive.
Slyder
Z4 - ZX Saphire - Zendrumdrive

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 11:09:23 AM »

You can download it from the ZenEdit site.  http://nebiru.com/zenedit/index.cfm?event=download
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Slyder

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 11:50:10 AM »

Thanks DW, I'll check it out.  8)
Slyder
Z4 - ZX Saphire - Zendrumdrive
Pages: [1]   Go Up