Zendrum Stuff > Tech Help

Power switch replacement

<< < (3/3)

Jaay:
The forum does tend to go in waves, but yeah, I think the Summer of Spam did a lot to cause the diaspora around here.  Hopefully with the new videos and EXP being released we'll see some more traffic.

I've had a few bumps of the power switch myself over time; never frequently enough that it was really a concern for me.  I regard it the same way as a drummer dropping a stick; quick hiccup, fix it, move on. Player position and a little bit of situational awareness should take care of it 90% of the time.

Jaay:
Hey there!  Had new information that I felt warranted its own post.

According to 109, the power switch can be bypassed so that when the main cable's plugged in to the instrument, the instrument is powered on.  He says it's not risky any kind of way and it's how all Zendrums are shipped that don't have the internal wireless.

If you're very concerned about your switch, perhaps this is an option?

-Jaay

goda:
here is a modo of a zendrum v3

tigerxchaos:
Hey Jaay! Hope all is well.
The problem with plugging a cable into the Zendrum is that it negates the MIDIJet add-on for the instrument. I like reliability, but I like my $400 wireless system as well. :)

--- Quote from: Jaay on November 08, 2013, 08:39:34 am ---Hey there!  Had new information that I felt warranted its own post.

According to 109, the power switch can be bypassed so that when the main cable's plugged in to the instrument, the instrument is powered on.  He says it's not risky any kind of way and it's how all Zendrums are shipped that don't have the internal wireless.

If you're very concerned about your switch, perhaps this is an option?

-Jaay

--- End quote ---

DrumWagon:
Tell me about it.  I feel guilty but really haven't used my wireless for close to a year now.  Even though the latency is *very* small, it still is present and I feel more connected to the instrument without it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version