Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: triggers  (Read 718 times)

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
triggers
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:36:41 PM »

hi, it seems the sensitivity of my triggers are different per trigger. is that how the zendrum was shipped and how do i check to see what the sensitivity of each trigger is and adjust them.  i have one trigger that just keeps shotgunning consecutive sounds while some others i can do ghost notes and snare rolls.any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
mark

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: triggers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »

IMHO that's just the nature of the beast.  Variations seem plausible based on the consistency in the manufacture of the peizos, the construction of the triggers, variations in the density and thickness of the wood throughout the body of the Zendrum, etc.

I too have some triggers that are more/less sensitive than others.  I personally use ZenEdit to tweak these.

HTH
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:44:36 AM »

i have the trial version of zenedit, is it possible to see if the adjusting  works with that program and then buy the the full version?
thanks
mark

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »

Unfortunately no, the trial version does not allow for exporting or transmitting of SysEx.  The trial is just meant to give you a taste for how the program operates and what features are available.

You'll find in the demo that ZenEdit allows you to tweak the noise floor, calibration and response curves for each individual trigger -- in each individual setup if desired.  It's invaluable in that regard, on top of all the other features.

HTH
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up