Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much backup is too much backup?  (Read 516 times)

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
How much backup is too much backup?
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »

Greetings all!

I have been faced with an interesting problem lately.  I've been playing a lot of gigs that are relatively small or one-night shots, and I'm debating on how much of my backup gear I should be taking.  My full tech bag includes a compliment of various cables, adapters, power supplies, some tools, a spare module and a backup trigger-drum to shore up that.  It all fits into the case for a kick drum pedal, but it's an extra package and a somewhat heavy one at that. 

I've been lucky enough to not need half the stuff in there of late, but the times I HAVE needed to tap into it, it was for an obscure item.  I'd like to be able to scale back my load-out whenever possible, but if I encounter a situation I could have avoided had I brought that One Thing, I'd feel like a first-class dipknuckle.

I'm thinking the bare minimum for backup gear would be the following:

-Spare power for the Zendrum
-Spare power for everything else
-1/4" cable
-MIDI cable
-DI box
-(possibly) spare module

Thoughts?  Is that too minimalistic?  Can I get rid of something else off that list?  Input, as always, is appreciated!

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
Re: How much backup is too much backup?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 12:11:31 PM »

I have pretty much the same list, plus a power circuit breaker at the plug end of the chain

Mick
Pages: [1]   Go Up