Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone still listening here?  (Read 870 times)

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
Anyone still listening here?
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:57:22 am »

Is the forum completely dead now? Just wondering... I haven't seen anywhere near the activity there used to be on this forum.
Sad to see it pass into obscurity. I learned alot here by interacting with other zendrummers. There is still so much more to learn.
I do hope to see the forum get more active again.

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Anyone still listening here?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »

For what it's worth I check it every single day -- though that's largely to answer any ZenEdit questions that pop up.

I haven't had anything new to post really.  As far as my own Zendrum usage goes, I'm still gigging out casually a couple times a month around California wine country.  I'm getting a lot of use out of my BFD2 rig which I've detailed here:  http://nebiru.com/drumWagon/index.cfm/2011/8/1/Korg-NanoKONTROL
I've switched to using just a Simmons DA200S as a monitor (when there are already mains) and it all suits me well in terms of the balance between the amount of gear I need to haul and the versatility I have on stage.  I haven't needed to haul out the big JBLs in close to a year.

Other than that I'm just looking forward to Zendrum get together later this week.  I'll be trying to Skype in when I can.

cheers
-dk
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:11:01 pm by DrumWagon »
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 03:05:55 pm »

Quiet at the moment, though I do have a Zendrum LT on it's way (just finished paying for it, now to get it Z4'd and across the pond to Ireland)

It's a beauty.

Probably go with DFH Superior / Mac Mini (with Foot pedals) for the LT.

For the ZX a Yamaha DTX700 for live gigs is on the cards too. Would like to get that Z4'd so need to look into who best to ship it with.

Mick
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:08:02 pm by MustangMick »

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:42:19 pm »

Well, I am glad that some folks are still around. Seems like most of the old crew simply disappeared because ot the onslaught of spam that we had. maybe since that has stopped the board activity will pick up again.

Darin, I left you a message in Zenedit, having some issues with it, thanks. Nice to see you are so actively gigging. I am still playing with my Americana Band but we have hardly been doing any shows. We were putting our efforts into recording a CD, but even that seems to have been overtaken by everyone's very busy lives at the moment. i am going to check out a new project, playing with 7-8 pieces doing old jazz standards.... we'll see how that goes. It's a long drive for me, so I don't know yet if it will be worth the effort. But I want to at least check it out.

MustangMick, nice, you are getting an LT! I gave that some thought early on, but I am sticking with my Z4 for now. I still use a Roland TDW20 module for simplicities sake. It's a decent enough sound especially since I bought the VExpressions pack to enhance the sounds. Good luck getting eveything updated and running the Z4 chip, it makes a world of difference.
Rand
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 06:21:53 pm »

::waves hand:: I'm still around!  Actually, I haven't been posting much since I'm too busy playing my Zendrum! ::Laughs::

I'm actually in the middle of a pretty big gig project right now and was planning on doing a big opst about it at the end of the month when it wraps.  But yeah, we're still out there!
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 11:41:42 am »

Jaay,

Looking forward to seeing some of that new gig stuff! Hopefully you have some video or audio and we can check it out.

Darin,

Where are you playing in wine country? My son and his GF are visiting around Sonoma the next few days, I'll have him stop by and check out the music if it's anywhere close by, and he can fit it in to their sched.

~R

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:26:37 pm »

Thanks for the promo!  Unfortunately I'm not playing anywhere until next Friday -- nothing going on this weekend.

My complete roster is located here: http://nebiru.com/drumWagon/page.cfm/Shows

Cheers,
-darin
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up