Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power consumption  (Read 1263 times)

rsanto

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Power consumption
« on: July 18, 2012, 06:26:51 AM »

Can anyone tell me how low a battery can get before a rig goes down?  I use the iPower rechargeable lithium ion batteries that, fully charged, are 8.4V.  I put a fully charged one in my ZX (with internal wireless) and left it on for approximately 70 minutes, after which the battery tested at 8.1V.  I assume that the draw will be more while playing (haven't tested that scenerio yet)?  I haven't been let down yet and I have no problem with swapping a fully charged battery between sets.  Just wonder if anyone knows what the limit is?

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Power consumption
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:04:15 AM »

I've been using the same off-the-shelf Energizer rechargeable for a couple years now.  I routinely use it for up to 4 hours and it's never died on me yet.
I know that doesn't really answer your question, but just putting it out there as anecdotal evidence that the power draw from both the Z4 and MidiJet boards combined must be pretty low.
I of course do carry a spare, and also have my merge brick ready to go should I need to switch over, but (knock on wood) so far I've never needed them.
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »

I am using the 9volt rechargeable from ipowerus.  I saw a posting on here somewhere that someone used their 9 volt fully charged and it lasted for 5 hours or just over that.  I play in multiple bands about 3 to 4 times a week and use just the one battery.  Of course that is for practice.  If I have a gig a put a freshly charged battery in my ZX and know it will go the whole night with no issue.  I listed a website where you can learn more about these batteries:

http://www.trewaudio.com/ipower/9v/

Pocket Master
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 10:37:44 PM »

I have used the Ipower rechargable 9v on a four hour gig and then the next day for a 2-3 hour practice and not run out of power. I DO turn my Zendrum Z4 OFF during the brreaks and at the end of the gig so it is not on constantly. I always bring a couple extra batteries with me as a spare and also my mergebox so I could play wired if need be. Always plan that something will go haywire and you may never need the extra Items. Thumper
Thumper
Pages: [1]   Go Up