Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Zenedit 2  (Read 1695 times)

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Problem with Zenedit 2
« on: March 02, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

Not sure if these bugs have been addressed yet, I am using a MacBook Pro, when I first install ZE2, everything seems to work fine, the MIDI chase feature, and so on, as soon as I make some tweaks, export the MIDI directly to my ZX, it does it one time but says there were errors.  From that point it won't show the chase animations, and it will not export or import to or from my ZX.  I end up having to use SYSEX Librarian again.  If I uninstall and reinstall the software, it works again one time and then has errors again.  Just wanted to throw that out there.

Rob
Pocket Master
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Problem with Zenedit 2
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:57:59 PM »

There are known problems with the SysEx transferring on Mac.  I am currently perusing a fix for that, but for now you'll have to export for file and use SysEx Librarian.
You might not have the latest version as the SysEx transmission feature has actually been removed from ZE for the time being.  You might want to do a check for updates to ensure you have the latest and greatest.

The PC version is unaffected and SysEx transmission continues to work there.

-dk
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 06:31:09 AM »

Avast Thar Matey,

Arrrrggghhhh ye planning on supporting the new Roland TD-30 when she makes an appearance?

Fair Winds and following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the TD-20 mapping will work just fine, but yes -- we'll add a proper TD-30 mapping in the next push.
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:07:36 PM »

TD-30 support is now baked in.  It's pretty much the same as the TD-20, but with the percussion sets from the TD-12.  Pretty cool, actually.

-darin

Ask me about:

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 07:02:56 AM »

Avast Thar Matey,

Outstanding news on the TD-30.  Have ye fixed the apparent problem with Sysex on the MAC as yet?  Aye be curious as Aye be getting ready to get the Jolly Roger Zen updraded, and this feature will be helpful to this Olde Salt.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 08:27:57 AM »

Yes, this thread dealt with an earlier build that still used the MIDI Proxy.

The latest version of ZE2 has native MIDI support and works for both PC and Mac.

tnx
-dk

Ask me about:

bluesapostle2

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »

When I send changes to my Zendrum using the Sys Ex transmit button I lose notes on my Zendrum. I have to put the notes back on using the cursor and it takes a long time. Also, when I receive SysEx it goes to 99% and says "Complete with errors". I loaded with SysEx librarian and it worked fine.
 I have a ZX 4, Macbook Pro, use a M-Audio Midi Air, BFD2 ran through Garage Band. I am anxious to learn this program better!!

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 03:53:32 PM »

There is a known issue with receiving dumps (Ed) from Mac OS 10.6, and possibly 10.7.
It doesn't appear to be affecting all installations, but when it does it has the same symptoms as you've described.  The progress bar does not make it to 100% and reports "completed with errors".

I am looking into the cause and solution of that one.

As for "losing notes" when transmitting the SysEx, there are no known issues of that happening.  I'm happy to work through this with you to figure out what's happening, but would suggest double-checking that you are doing the edits correctly and that you have mapped out your triggers correctly so that the on-screen ones correspond to the physical ones.
Best way to verify that your triggers are set correctly:

1) Set your Zendrum to User Setup #1 (this assumes you have not modified this setup in any way).
2) Within ZenEdit, switch to User Setup #1.
3) With the MIDI-IN connected, tap each trigger one by one and verify that the correct ones light up in ZenEdit.

HTH

Ask me about:

bluesapostle2

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »

Thanks!! I'll try it later today and get back, I'm pretty sure it's "pilot error". Your quick advice is really appreciated Sir!
Pages: [1]   Go Up