Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trapkat 5Ks with Kurzweil sounds on board  (Read 1881 times)

Rico1317

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Trapkat 5Ks with Kurzweil sounds on board
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »

Anybody try one of these yet?

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Trapkat 5Ks with Kurzweil sounds on board
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:51:40 AM »

Saw the ad recently and made a mental note to follow up and look for more info.  Then unceremoniously forgot! 
Thanks for reminding me  :D
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »

Try searching for a module called a Gigkat from Alternate Mode it looks interesting! Thumper
Thumper

Dr Evil

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »

I received my Trapkat 5Ks three weeks ago.

I purchased this controller because I wanted a midi kit that was compact and easy to move around. I have played with electronic drums and triggers for many years, my first being the Roland DDR-30 with MKS-70 and MKS-80 pads. I have made my own controllers and pads over the years, even a drumitar like Future Man's.

The bottom line............. I have always wanted a Zendrum & a Trapkat.

I have only managed to spend a few hours with it, mostly programing kits in Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer and BFD2. I like how that pads feel and play and I really like the size of the unit.

I have to say that it is this drummers opinion that the onboard Kurzweil drum kit sounds are sub-standard. It is my belief my old Alesis D4 and DM-Pro sounds are better. It is also my opinion that the onboard drum kit sounds cannot touch Superior, EZ Drummer or BFD2 kit sounds. The onboard sounds will do in a pinch, this will enable me to leave behind my rack modules as back-ups and lighten my load. My current onboard favourite is the Birch Kit. There is potential with some of the onboard percussion sounds, I haven't really had a chance to go there yet.

I will spend more time with it over the coming months and will try to post my progress.
Zebrawood ZX - BFD 2.0 - EZ Drummer & Superior Drummer - Alesis D4 & DMPRO - WIN XP - Presonus Firebox - JBL EON-15

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:28 PM »

I have been putting the 5K through its paces for a few weeks and will include a full, detailed review in the November issue of digitalDrummer, still free and online at www.digitaldrummermag.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up