Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bishop Ian Throws Down!  (Read 637 times)

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Bishop Ian Throws Down!
« on: April 29, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »

Just got this email and I thought- You guys have to read this!  *priceless*  Thanks Ian!

Dear Zendrum,

I was at a drum clinic a couple of weeks ago and I watched a demo put on by a guy on your Zendrum. I don't know if he works for you but I am a Bass Player for a local band and I went with our drummer Mark who gave your guy a really hard time about the drum. I thought you might like to know that your guy (I forget his name) put on one hell of a demo. He challenged Mark that he could play anything in the Zendrum that Mark could on regular drums.  I thought you might like to know that your guy smoked him. He was cool about it but he really put Mark to shame.  Is this guy local?  I wanted to let him know that even though Mark got his butt kicked, the demo of your drum is all he has been talking about.

Thanks
Frank
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:02:48 PM by Inspector 109 »
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Re: Bishop Ian Throws Down!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 05:13:36 PM »

I was playing out about a month ago, a last minute deal with some fellow musicians I know, and in the audience was another drummer that was blown away with the Zendrum.  He had never heard of it, but had wanted to come up with something before meeting me that you could just tap with your fingers and play the drums.  When he saw the Zen, he was 90% sold.  He called me about a week later, wanted to get together one on one and try it out, we did, he was then 100% sold and the next day he went out and bought one.  There are tons of skeptics out there that will always say "real" drums are better, but when you can play everything a drum kit can and more, and you are packing up at the end of the night and you are torn down before the guitar player, I think that speaks for itself.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 06:01:43 AM »

It's all about making sense.
Nothing beats playing my 1937 RadioKing Slingerlands.
I'd no more haul them around now than tote a Steinway piano or a Hammond organ but I've got great recordings of them in an indestructible Zendrumdrive instead.
Better? Really?
James Jamerson played upright bass on very early 60's Motown and then switched to Fender Precision.
Which was "better"? Does that mean that his Fender bass is less of an instrument than his upright?
Or did it just "translate better" on all those hit records everybody on Earth knows now?
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Ian - The Saint

• Tribal Pledge
  • Occupy Church
    • View Profile
    • Bishops Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »

I had several skeptics there who took the challenge.  This was a clininc put on by three music stores, musicians who came played everything from Bluegrass to Rock.  I had a little corner in the drum area and I did three demo's... I remember this kid, maybe he'll go out and buy a Zendrum now.  I just let the drum speak for itself.
Pray, it may be all you have left.

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:24:53 PM »

And many thanks from all of us here to all of you who do!
This ain't exactly your granddaddy's drumset...
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation
Pages: [1]   Go Up