Other Stuff > White Noise

What do you call yourself?

<< < (2/2)

Jaay:
After seeing a recent review that had my instrument described as a keytar, I think that I'm going to stick with the rule that if I'm playing Zendrum for a gig, I'll have myself listed as playing Zendrum.  Oy!

randtor:
As everyone can attest to that plays gigs, there is no shortage of people that ask " what is that thing?" I tell them it is a Zendrum, and then inevitably, like Ricky Ricardo said, "You got some 'splainin' to do!"
So I tell everyone I am a Zendrummer, and I get to play electronic drums and a full complement of percussion instruments all wrapped into one instrument. Then I demonstrate. Then they walk away either wild eyed and fascinated - or with that blank "deer in the headlights" look. Either way, I love rattlin' their cages!

"Wentwood Jackson Jr" ! ! ! ! ! ! Where the hell did THAT moniker come from, lol!!!
"you can call me Ray, and you can call me "J", you can call me Raymond J Jackson Jr...." yadda yadda yadda hahaha!

Rand

Inspector 109:

--- Quote from: john emrich on April 22, 2012, 09:19:08 PM ---God help the next person that hires me to play triangle... ;)

--- End quote ---

Would that get you black-listed somewhere as a trianglist or a triangulater?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version