Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Zendrum Video  (Read 2556 times)

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
New Zendrum Video
« on: April 14, 2012, 11:04:24 AM »

Greetings Tribe.

I have a clinic coming up at the Clive Davis School for Recording at NYU.  I am going to be using BFD2 and my buddy Matty Amendola was kind enough to put together some tracks that we originally did at an AES show.  I went ahead and put together a quick video of this remote session and you can check it out by clicking on the following link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6u8KwbyEhE&list=UUCHOHZD8g-VOv98LpC43waQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I encourage everyone to to start recording videos and posting.  It is a good way for the tribe to gain new ideas!

Cheers,
John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
Re: New Zendrum Video
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »

Pretty cool John!

Just for grins, how would it be if we were able to do a video using Matt's licks, and each zendrummer that wants to, can record their own zendrumming? Might be fun to compare styles, what pads folks are using, different runs we tend to use, etc. We would need a post of Matt only of course. Then for instance, set up a video camera and record our playing with Matt's guitar. Then post!

Possible?

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 03:28:58 PM »

Nice idea, but not with Matty.  He has his own production company going on and it wouldn't be right for him.  We should come up with our own tune....

Give me a little time to put something together and I will put it up.  We can all play along with the same tune.

Good idea.
John
John Emrich

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:14 AM »

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Are you using your pedals, too?
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:42 AM »

I use a HAT pedal for variable HH and a FAT pedal for some of the BD.  Both are plugged in to the Zendrum.   ZenEdit allows for individual trigger and CC control which makes setting up a smooth response easy.
John Emrich

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 07:55:45 AM »

Cool. I'd like to see your feetzas too so I can figure out your combinations.
Give the drummer some!
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

John,

Putting together a soundtrack for all to play along with sounds great,  I hope we can get lots of the tribe involved. It would almost be like a meeting of the minds! Can't make it down to Atlanta, this is the next best thing!

Yes, I'd love to see your feetsies as well, lol! I don't use any pedals, I run wireless, but I am not opposed to trying that at some point. I did use a Roland FD-7 kick pedal for one gig, but it just felt awkward. Its funny, but I sometimes have a difficult time translating what I play from the zendrum to my vdrums.  I just purchased new kit a short time ago. I have played zendrum exclusively for 5 years, but now I am picking up the sticks again, and will play both at various gigs, depending on the venue.

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

Sergnov

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
    • Joomla extensions
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:00:31 AM »

I really like that video .  >-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up