Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Injury  (Read 769 times)

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Injury
« on: April 13, 2012, 09:40:46 AM »

Greetings Tribe!

Last night, for the first night in nearly 8 years of uninterrupted playing,my Zendrum suffered an injury.

I put the instrument on her stand, left the bandstand, heard a thump and a cymbal crash where none should be and saw my Zendrum face-down on the stage.  I screamed, checked her out thoroughly.  Everything seems okay except for a cracked trigger housing in C2. 

I admit that it threw me off my game for the night; everytime I touched that trigger I felt the rough edges of the crack and it scared the hell out of me.  I've never had anything like this happen before, and what I'm worried about is that even though she played fine for the night, I'm hoping that I haven't knocked something loose inside that'll fail on me later.

I have another gig tonight; I'm going to try and ignore the flawed trigger until I can get it fixed.  Anyone had anything similar happen to them?

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: Injury
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:56:27 AM »

Sorry to hear about your mishap.
There have been plenty of people who have knocked big chunks of wood out of their Zendrums and had them still function just fine.
Remember Jaay, I said LIFETIME warranty, and I never asked you to treat it like it was eggs.
I'll send my cell phone by pm and we can get another cap out to you today.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:57:24 AM by Inspector 109 »
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 10:38:14 AM »

...And that is precisely the reason why I tell people I play Zendrum!

15 minutes, and I get a response from the man himself, new part sent out today?!  I have been playing drums for 20 years, 12 professsional, talked to dozens of other drummers both electronic and acoustic, and never heard about service of that quality for someone who's not on a magazine cover someplace.  David, your warranty is lifetime, and so's my patronage.  Groooooove!

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »

I'll tell you why-
I just realized today that I've been a working drummer for 40 freakin' years now.
I've always had to make the show go on, even if I didn't have another bass drum head.
I've got your back. Don't sweat it.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 07:33:28 PM »

Customer service is great!!  I went down last year to get my ZX upgraded to the Z4, I picked up a ZX that was purchased for the Air Force just to have David check it out, he did just that, found a few loose pieces, even took my Z3 board out of the my ZX and put it into the Air Force ZX, all this at no charge.  David stands by his product for sure and I agree with you Jaay, my patronage is for life as well.  Thanks for all you do David.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 07:04:45 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

Aye have parlayed this before and will again in times to come.  The folks at Zendrum are the absolute best.  There be none finer on the whole of the seven seas!  They be the one company Aye know of that actually understands the term "customer service" and puts that concept into action.  BZ to all the folks that make Zendrum work.

Fair Winds and following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Inspector 109

• Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:09:19 AM »

AWWWWWWW... :-[ ::) :-* :o ;D :D
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation
Pages: [1]   Go Up