Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Battery 3 AND KONTAKT simultaneously ???  (Read 603 times)

phatt-drums

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Using Battery 3 AND KONTAKT simultaneously ???
« on: April 12, 2012, 07:14:52 AM »

I use NI Battery 3 and it seems to work well.
I have considered getting the KONTACT PLAYER and using some of the newer kits they offer (abbey road and vintage drums, etc, which won't run in the Battery 3 environment), however I incorporate so many of the percussion sounds available in Battery3 library and sneak them in, alongside my standard "drum kits", that if I lost the ability to tap into all those sounds already available to me, I'd have to say I'm sticking with just Battery3.

Does anyone know if you can run those programs side-by-side.......or if the library from Battery 3 imports its' sounds into the Kontact player........or if Kontact can "see" the Battery Library????
thanks for your help.

I'll attempt to post a picture of my Z4 with my custom layout, masterfully executed by inspector 109 himself, on some of the bit#*in-est Flamed Maple on the planet. a MUST have and worth every penny. Never a lack of comments on the beauty of that wood.
The concept was to have the large "center" button as my HOME button, which acts as a kick. I play closed hat, open hat just behind and below it, along with Ride and ride bell on one side, and forward are my crashes. This always gives me the option of kick/crash, without using up another precious trigger for duplicate kick drums.

Native instruments (NI) Battery 3 versus KONTAKT player (triggered by custom Z4)

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Using Battery 3 AND KONTAKT simultaneously ???
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:24:24 AM »

You can absolutely run them side-by-side, assuming your computer is up to the task.  Neither of those packages are particular resource hogs so chances are it is.

I would not use the standalone version of either as that adds needless overhead.  What I would suggest is loading both as VSTs into a lightweight DAW, such as Reaper.  http://www.reaper.fm/

Unless you intend to layer sounds from both you'll probably want to set each to respond to a different MIDI channel.  If you are using ZenEdit, you can set the channel mappings to match the channels you choose.  Once you set the channel number for the individual triggers then the note pickers will show the appropriate choices from each package.

HTH
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up