Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 2.1.8 is up  (Read 1230 times)

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Version 2.1.8 is up
« on: April 08, 2012, 11:55:11 AM »

This latest beta version adds native MIDI support to both Windows and Mac OS (10.6 and 10.7)

It also adds support for the Roland TD-30 and has an updated map file for the ZendrumDrive (Zendrum TRS), in addition to several bug fixes.

You can pick up the latest version here:  http://nebiru.com/zenedit/index.cfm?event=beta

Unless any major problems are found, this is likely to be the final beta version.  I'm anxious for this version to go live so that I can start focusing more on adding new features, so your continued help with testing and reporting issues is much appreciated.

I'd also like to take the time point out that there is a forum on the ZenEdit site.  Please feel free to post there in the future for any ZenEdit related discussions.

Thanks, and take care.
-darin
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: Version 2.1.8 is up
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 06:35:25 PM »

This is the moment I've been waiting for to announce that ZenEdit will come standard and will be included with every new Zendrum. It is the missing link to access the true power of the Z4 circuitboard and is too important not to be an integral part of the Zendrum going forward. I can't believe how well my ZX plays now, and I want to be the first to congratulate Darin on a superb effort. Many, many thanks from all of us who will benefit from the labor you've put into pushing the art of Zendrumming farther into the future.
JOB WELL DONE!
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »

Thanks for all the hard work.  I have a few people coming over this week that want to buy a Zendrum and being able to show them this program and that it now comes with the purchase of a new Zendrum may be that one piece of the puzzle that will make them jump off the fence and get one.  I just loaded the newest version on my MacBook Pro and it seems to work flawlessly.  Thanks again for the hard work to everyone that had a hand in this.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »

Just saw this Darin, fabulous!
Now with The Inspector tying Zenedit in with each new purchase, it's a no brainer for everyone with a Z4 to purchase this incredible program! I can't imagine being without it anymore, it allows for soooo much greater control of the nuances of the Zendrum.

Great news for you, Inspector 109, and the entire Zendrum family!! Congrats!!!

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:02:59 PM »

Thanks, everyone!  This has taken an enormous amount of work, but it's posts like this that make it all worthwhile!

Here's to 2012, the Year of the Zendrum!

-darin
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

drshark

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »

Ok... I'm back ! And I am glad to be back! I was under the impression that life on the Zendrum forum was history. I am glad that the brains of the forum figured out how to keep us alive and kicking! With that being said, I am very proud to be a part of this amazing group of musicians. As we continue on our journey to use this magnificent instrument, and find the perfect samples and sounds to produce, there are many of you to be thankful to for continuing the evolutionary process that has made the Zendrum such a wonderful instrument to play. Firstly, Darin K. - Way to go! It took a fraction of the time for you to do what Inspector 109 has been trying to do ( and did not have the time or resources) for many years. A beautiful interface that allows Zendrummer to control their settings with great precision and ease. Great job! I also want to send a shout out to my great friend Rob Anderson, AKA Pocketmaster. You totaly rock! Thanks for all your guidance and expertise. You have helped my so much and I am grateful for that. To my friend Mike Campasso, AKA Thumper. Great fun hanging with you as well. Kim Daniel, my brother-- Bringing the heat! He did not know that he was the guy who put aside a special piece of wood (Figured Cherry) that he thought was special, and I agreed, and went with it. And for David Haney, the master creator, for making my Zendrum, a beautiful instrument that is essentially a piece of art. I wish all of you continued success with your music and hope that all the people who are fortunate enought to view this forum, are able to see how incredible the Zendrum family operates. It's good to be back!

Cheers,
Dr. Shark
Figured Cherry/ Purple Heart/ Figured Cherry Custom ZX Z-4
Midnight Purple Sunburst Flame Maple LT Z-4, Roland TD-20 Kit and module/ SPD-30/  MacBook Pro/Addictive Drums software/BFD2 software/Superior Drummer 2, QSC K12 & K-Sub

It is better to beat on something, then to beaten on

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:20:13 AM »

There's a big difference between wanting something to happen and making it happen.
Darin took the initiative and devoted a big chunk of his time and talent to this huge and awesome effort.
All I did was use it when it was done. He's earned everybody's respect, especially mine.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation
Pages: [1]   Go Up