Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just wondering....  (Read 745 times)

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Just wondering....
« on: February 12, 2012, 09:25:41 pm »

On the first version of Zenedit, when we selected additional triggers, it gave me 6, with the new zenedit, I am only getting 5, of course it shows the two jack inputs on the tail, the sustain switch, and another pentagon looking pad as well, is that the 6th trigger?  Just wondering....I am going down to Atlanta to pick up a new ZX that has all 30 available triggers and was wondering why there isn't a 6th trigger with a circle.....?

Pocket Master
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Just wondering....
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 09:51:53 pm »

You are correct.  The first of the six available extra triggers is usually used by the 1/4" trigger jack.  David, please correct me in I'm wrong, but I believe what he usually does for 'maxed out' Zendrums is wire that jack in parallel with one of the custom triggers.

The pentagonal pad is an unused control.

The Z4 has 33 addressable inputs.  In a stock configuration, the first 30 are triggers and the rest are change controllers.
#1 through 24 are the physical trigger pads on the face.  
#25 is the trigger jack on the back.  
#26 through 30 are unused.
#31 is the sustain switch.
#32 is unused (the pentagonal one).
#33 is the CC jack on the back.

There are technically an additional 5, but they are used internally to support the scroll buttons and such.  You know what, forget I even mentioned those. ;)

And congratulations on your new Zendrum!  Be sure and post pictures so we can drool over them :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:57:49 pm by DrumWagon »
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Re: Just wondering....
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:30:03 pm »

I will post the new pics when I get it.  It is a Zebrawood maxed out on triggers.  Less than two weeks and it will be in my hand rocking out.  I like the Zenedit 2, I have not used it so much on my current ZX, but am going to dig into it when I get my new baby for sure.
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub
Pages: [1]   Go Up