randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
Spam
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:21:54 PM »

Spam has pretty much killed this forum.  >:(

I have checked 2 to 3 times per week over the past  3 weeks and there is very little activity. Too bad, this has  been a really nice way to meet and greet other zendrummers.
I posted a suggestion a few weeks ago, everyone who wants in to this board should have to register and then needs admin review and approval before they can post. I just recently joined an auto forum and was required to register then waited 3 or 4 days for approval before I was able to post. They have ZERO spam.
Can't that be done here, to try and rescue this forum?   ???
I know nothing about the technical details, but someone here can find out from someone here: http://www.massmotoringclub.com/

I'm just sayin'...........   :-\

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Spam
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:37:05 AM »

I second that. I agree many people might be put off by spam..

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:09:46 AM »

Isn't it nice not to see the spam notifications every day from idiots with no purpose in life except to ruin our forum?
Now if all YOU WORTHWHILE HUMANS would post again we could keep this knowledge base going without having to move.
Newbies can ask their questions through me and I will be happy to post them up myself.
All you veterans can now post again without reservation.
Screw the terrorists. Be proactive Techno-Tribe!!!
SPEAK UP STAND UP
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:25:21 AM by Inspector 109 »
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »

I for one want this forum to stay and whatever it takes Inspector 109 to keep it, I am willing to contribute. Thank you for standing up to the ^$&%%&^
Thumper
Thumper

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »

Dave... are we back? Are we Stayin' ? ? ?

Woohooo!!!!!

"I second that emotion", Thumper! 

I am willing to help out in anyway that I can if you need me. I was so glad to see this message tonight, and to see absolutely NO spam!!
Nice to see that these %$*^&% idiots didn't get there way, and the forum is continuing on.

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:38:59 PM »

I don't think you'll lack for people willing to help out cleaning our tribal grounds if needed.  How can we help?
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »

If you're already a member, then just please post as usual.
Nobody new can post. Geo has shut that down for good.
That sucks because a Forum is supposed to be for everybody to participate.
BUT, now at least- all of YOU guys can communicate together again AND
the spammer rat can not get through.
I can't tell you how many people say they read every post here before they decide.
It's this community that makes the Zendrum different than anything else and I thank you all for hanging in there.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 09:24:33 AM »

This is a re-post from the Chat section..

Greetings fellow Zendrummers.

I thought that I would take a sec and post about this forum.  This is a great community and we have had a couple of idiots ruin our hang in the recent past.  As a result, Inspector 109 now adds the title of "bouncer" to his position.  No new members will be allowed to just "join" our community.  They will all need to go through David.

Everyone should take a sec and thank David for this.  He is putting all of the responsibility on his own shoulders.

Bottom line is this..... I encourage everyone to get back into this forum and start talking again.  This is a great resource and it should be supported by our activity.

Cheers,
John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 06:57:00 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

Aye heartily concur with me shipmates regarding this forum.  By Neptune's Trident we need to stick together and weather this storm of idiocy that seems to have taken over the world at large.  Aye for one, will be happy to participate in such a noble cause.  So be there any questions for the Olde Salt, Aye will pleased to respond.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.
Pages: [1]   Go Up