Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Major Milestone  (Read 861 times)

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Major Milestone
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:52:39 pm »

Version 2.1 (still beta) is now available at http://nebiru.com/zenedit/index.cfm?event=beta.

PLEASE NOTE!
If you installed a previous version of the beta, you must uninstall it first before installing this new one.
The installer and updating features are different now and incompatible with the old way.
Once you've upgraded to 2.1 however, you'll be able to receive automatic updates like before.

In addition to a number of bug fixes, the big new feature is the ability to send and receive SysEx directly from ZenEdit to the Zendrum with no middleman!

This new feature does require that Java be installed.  For Mac, it already is and everything should just work right out of the box.
For Windows, ZenEdit will check to see if Java is there already and if not will ask you if it can install it for you.

Once everything is setup, ZenEdit will be able to see your list of available MIDI devices and you can choose which one your Zendrum is connected to.  ZenEdit can then receive Note On and CC messages like with the old MIDI Proxy Server, but can also see Pitch Bend and all the other supported messages, as well as being able to send and receive SysEx.

In the top toolbar of ZenEdit you'll see the new MIDI controls.  There you'll choose your interface and be able to toggle to connection on and off.  When you're ready to send all your changes to your Zendrum, use the new "Transmit SysEx" feature and voilĂ !  You're done!

This is now the closest thing to real-time editing we have available on the Zendrum.  With your Zendrum connected to your computer, you make your edits in ZenEdit and hit "Transmit to Zendrum".  You can then try out the changes immediately, rinse and repeat!.   ZenEdit is also able to transmit the data at the absolute fastest rate the Zendrum supports so that the time spent uploading it is orders of magnitude faster than say MIDI-OX.

I hope you enjoy this new feature, and I hope you'll also help us in testing it out and kicking the tires.  The ZenEdit 2 beta is getting more and more solid and I hope it becomes the defacto release version soon.

cheers!
-darin
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:45:21 am by DrumWagon »
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Major Milestone
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:35:57 am »

Congrats Darin. I had a substantial ZenEdito2 session yesterday - before downloading the upgrade. Timing!

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

LOL, thanks Alan.  That's me in a nutshell when it comes to timing -- a day late and a dollar short  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:29:01 am by DrumWagon »
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Dr Evil

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 11:18:42 am »

Yahoo, direct midi connection.

Thanks for your efforts, I can hardly wait to give it a go.

NOTE: Feb 11, 2012

Darin, downloaded the new beta to give it a try.
Uninstalled old beta, I am getting a "trial period expired", it is asking for my registration info or for purchase?

Any advise?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:10:33 pm by Dr Evil »
Zebrawood ZX - BFD 2.0 - EZ Drummer & Superior Drummer - Alesis D4 & DMPRO - WIN XP - Presonus Firebox - JBL EON-15
Pages: [1]   Go Up