Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: midair wireless midi  (Read 1129 times)

scvkiltie

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
midair wireless midi
« on: August 09, 2011, 07:53:52 pm »

Hi. Am I correct in assuming that a Midair wireless midi will not work because the zen drum has no power going to it ?

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: midair wireless midi
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 03:52:16 am »

The Zendrum can be retrofitted for a battery compartment, but the Midair has such a short operating range that I wouldn't recommend using it.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

bluesapostle2

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:08:03 pm »

Mine works fine and I have had it quite a while. The range is limited but it is so easy to hook up and the cost is minimal compared to other wireless setups.

tigerxchaos

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 05:59:13 pm »

While the cost of a MIDIJet isn't minimal, I can definitely speak to the ease of use of the solution that the Inspector offers. Plug in the receiver's MIDI, plug in power or insert batteries (which last a LONG time), turn on the Zendrum, and you're ready to go. It almost sounds more simple than a wireless MIDI system that relies on power being sent to the Zendrum, and you don't have anything hanging off the instrument (one of my bandmates has an EWI and has to have his wireless MIDI connected via a cable, which is just more junk to restrict you and get hooked on things up on stage).

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 06:14:13 pm »

I had the MIDIJet Pro that I bought as an external and it worked great.  I went for the upgrade and 109 put it in my ZX as well as a battery compartment, it all works off of the same 9 volt battery, and the range is incredible, I have played very large rooms and have had no issues with it.  I would have to say it is worth the money, 2 years + and no problems.  Just my two cents.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub
Pages: [1]   Go Up