Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the difference between a Roland td-12 and td-20?  (Read 1153 times)

Zenfem#9

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
What's the difference between a Roland td-12 and td-20?
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:01:40 PM »

Roland says the td-12 has the same sounds as the td-20, so what's the big difference?
"music is to me proof of the existence of God"
Kurt Vonnegut

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
Re: What's the difference between a Roland td-12 and td-20?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 04:47:35 AM »

8?
Play nice.

Michael Render

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 06:48:29 AM »

8? Everybody has to be a joker. ;D
The TD-20 has more inputs, outputs, a CF card slot and more COSM modelling (like mic placement).
The CF slot alone makes it worth it to me.
Here is a handy-dandy comparison chart that Roland put together.
http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/faq.cfm?iCncd=360&FAQ=EN05-08582&dsp=1&ln=en

Zenfem#9

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 10:59:44 AM »

I figured you would know the answer Michael.    I used to have a td-8 that was passable for sounds, but not great.  I'm looking for a backup sound source for those gigs where I just want to pick up and go, and a small module makes that pretty easy.  That is one thing I liked about the td-8.  It might be time to cruise down to the music store and check out the sounds.  With the Zen in mind, so you really need the cf card?  You're storing your kit comfigurations on that?
"music is to me proof of the existence of God"
Kurt Vonnegut

Michael Render

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 07:00:29 PM »

Not only do I store my setups on the CF card, but I purchase the VEx expansions. I literally have hundreds of quality kits to choose from. I have two TD-20 modules that I use in 3 different configurations. For my last show with the Zendrum, I used my kit editor to build a collection of the kits I was going to use in the order they were needed. I saved this to my CF and loaded up my TD-20. Voila, I just pushed the up button on the Zendrum after every song and there I was.

Now, when I use the TD-20 with my regular kit, or my Super Kit (The Mondor) I just load the settings for those.

50 seems like a lot of slots till you start getting custom ones. Then you want as much storage as possible.

Plus the CF stores all your pad settings as well. I could factory reset my module, pop in the CF card and away I could go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up