Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I love my Zendrum!  (Read 1726 times)

EricSLC

I love my Zendrum!
« on: May 18, 2007, 02:06:32 PM »

Just wanted to say that I'm a new Zendrummer and proud of it!  I just got mine about 2 weeks ago, hand crafted by David himself.

Picked up a Roland TD-6V drum module, a Roland KC550 Amp and have been playing it non-stop every since!

I'm normally a bassist and have no coordination to play a kit... but with the Zendrum, a whole new world of drumming has been opened up to me.

Thanks Zendrum!

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
Re: I love my Zendrum!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:32:43 PM »

Congrats and enjoy!!!
Play nice.

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 04:37:20 PM »

Congrats on your new journey! i recieved mine a lttle while ago an i also love my zendrum! I pick it up everyday and play a little and it is becoming easier. i think the hard part is the tweaking of the sounds to get just the right one where you want it . I have been changing my mapping as i find that certain sounds should be close together. The fun is in all the experimentation and the unlimitness that this instrument can do. Good luck and keep practicing THUMPER
Thumper

EricSLC

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 11:02:21 PM »

Thanks guys!  I thought I would take the liberty of posting a pic here so you can see how beautiful it is.  It astonishes me the quality and craftsmanship that David puts into these things!

Also a small vid I made with my phone of me playing it.  I seem to have a knack for it so far!

http://www.battlecraft42.com/screenshots/zendrummer2.wmv

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 01:00:12 AM »

Beautiful Zendrum and a very compact setup.
Don't forget the woodworking mastery of Kim Daniel goes into your Zendrum too 8)

Cheers
Mick

EricSLC

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »

I had no idea who all worked on it.  But Kudos to Kim Daniel as well!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 05:00:26 PM by EricSLC »

Chris Jude

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 04:33:54 AM »

I had no idea who all worked on it...

When you own a hand made work of art, you ought to.

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »

Eric,

Great start!  I thought it was intersting to see your mapping...that's exactly how I lpay the hi hat, snare, and bass drum as well...HH on the right hand top row, SD and BD on the first 2 pads on the left.  What's the rest of your setup, just out of curiosity?  I have been "honing" my setup for about 8 years, but the basic idea has remained the same since day 1.  It stemmed from my playing of a Roland SPD-8.  When I first got it, I didn't have any pedals, so I learned to play bass drum and snare with my left hand, and this experience continued on to the Zendrum.

Jer
Pages: [1]   Go Up