Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland td6 users... maybe any td users can help  (Read 1686 times)

weeksville

Roland td6 users... maybe any td users can help
« on: May 06, 2007, 10:00:48 AM »

Which "trigger type" do you use when setting up to use the Zendrum as your triggering device? I got a TD6 coming and I am reading the online manual and am curious about this setting.

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: Roland td6 users... maybe any td users can help
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:14:49 PM »

...I don't think you'd need to mess with trigger-types for a Zendrum.  The Zendrum is a MIDI controller, not a direct trigger like one that would go into one of the module's inputs.  It's a different "language" they're using to talk to each other.  I think instead you'd have to look at the TD-6's MIDI parameters instead of the triggers. 

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Roland td6 users... maybe any td users can help
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 04:29:43 AM »

Avast Thar Matey:

Jaay is correct.  You would be hooking into the TD-6 MIDI ports.  From there you would set each trigger pad on the Zendrum to an appropriate MIDI note number that the TD-6 would recognize, then go through the process of tweaking each sound using the TD-6 editing features.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.
Pages: [1]   Go Up