Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question about controlling a loop from the zendrum  (Read 2491 times)

marktec1

question about controlling a loop from the zendrum
« on: June 04, 2006, 08:44:30 PM »

hi all and thanks in advance for being there

im fairly new to this and have a question..  i currently have a zen connected to a d4 then  to a FOH sound system...  if i wanted to trigger a basic loop, for example a specific ride pattern, that i want to play around, can i start and  start that loop with one of the zen's triggers?  can i set up similar loops(with different tempo's for different songs) and trigger  them each with a different trigger??

if any of  this is possible, what type of sound  module would i need.. im sure the d4  wont do it..  can the muse receptor? or what others may do the job easily...

im not a techiie at all so it will have to be simple..

thanks again in advance

bob c
riverside, ri

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
Re: question about controlling a loop from the zendrum
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 08:57:09 PM »

Bob, Yes you can control loops from the Zendrum.  I demonstrate this on a video for the Zendrum on the multimedia page at my web site, www.johnemrich.com.  You have a couple of options. 

1. The software route and
2. hardware.

I prefer software.  It is easier to upgrade and more powerful.  My rig is two Zendrums into a Receptor and I use fxpansion's GURU and/or DR008 for the loops.

In the long run, IMO, it is better to go with a software solution.  This way you will not be setting yourself up for a dead end solution froam a sample module company. 

Hope this helps,
John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

marktec1

Re: question about controlling a loop from the zendrum
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:26:56 PM »

my god  john, you're the man..

couple of more questions..

can you do  the looping thing with one zendrum (set up a particular pad to start a pattern - anduse the same pad to  stop that pattern - ex a ride pattern and use  a couple of pads for different tempos - then play the rest of the pads  around the basic tempo??)

assuming you can do the above on one zen, can you do it with a single muse and if all  your sounds  are percussion, is the bfd software enough or do you need  additional software..  then if you need additional software, can one muse handle both??

also, in your setup on the clip, is one muse running both zendrums and both software products simultaneously??

ok  ill stop asking so many questions..

bob casale

ps i have bought your cd on the zen on ebay and i love it..
Pages: [1]   Go Up