Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression pedals, midi foot controllers  (Read 1098 times)

wb_drumz

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Expression pedals, midi foot controllers
« on: April 18, 2007, 03:29:51 PM »

Hello everyone...I use an older zendrum in a duo, and have started triggering simple rock bass patterns into my dmpro, while playing standard rock drum grooves.  I'd like to implement pitch control using an expression pedal...and although I've looked into the behringer-roland etc midi foot controllers, the CME GPP-3 caught my eye, as it has usb AND midi in a smaller footprint than the other controllers.  Anyone using pitch control via expression pedals?

Thanks in advance
Wilson

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: Expression pedals, midi foot controllers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 09:08:08 AM »

I've looked nto getting a Roland RC-50 loop station to trigger loops and stuff. However, one reason I like the Zendrum is the freedom to not have to use my feet. So I keep tossing the idea back and forth. I still haven't purchased the loop station yet.

Steve

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: Expression pedals, midi foot controllers
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:22:53 PM »

I have a few different pedals I use with my "big" Zendrum rig.  I don't have a pitch controller, but I have volume control and a phaser.  When using my Zendrum, I think I tend to think more like a guitarist in terms of using my feet for controls and effects rather than instruments unto themselves.

I want a looper pedal too... but unfortunately I ran out of room on my pedalboard and I don't want to have to carry extra gear!  ;D   I'm thinking I might investigate the sequencer in my module and see what I can do with that.

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up