Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Australian Zendrums?  (Read 2193 times)

Bozwiz

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Australian Zendrums?
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:21:25 AM »

Hey all,

I'm really keen to get my hands on one of these after many hours of drooling! It seems like a bit of an ordeal to get one down here though! has anyone here ordered one from Australia? And how did the process/cost go? The total cost after gst, duties etc.  seems a bit up there!  Don,t get me wrong! I see the value in these instruments! And I really want one! I would just like to know how its all going to pan out and how much its going to cost!  And I have contacted customs but they wont give me an amount for tax/duty until I submit a declaration.

Cheers guys!

Tim.

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Australian Zendrums?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:23:31 AM »

Smooth as silk. Dave was very helpful - and shipping was a breeze. PM me if you want more info.
Allan

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:57:04 AM »

The biggest problem with Australian Zendrums is that Dave has to build them upside down.
Play nice.

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 10:40:10 PM »

How would Dave deal with a left-handed Australian?

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:47:14 PM »

A potential buyer in Melbourne had contacted me looking for someone to show him their Zendrum. Anyone from Melbourne here?

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 07:29:02 PM »

Hey Bozwiz!

I saw you post this topic in V-Drum land as well.

According to your V-Drums post, you were looking at the Zendrum as a way to expand on your TD-4 module. By the spec sheet on that module, there's no MIDI IN port--you'd have no way for the Zendrum to communicate with the TD-4.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think if you want the Zendrum you're going to have to invest in another module as well.  Anyone feel free to contradict me if my facts are not in order.

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 10:07:50 PM »

Nope, you're correct.  That's why there is a glaring gap in the supported Roland units with ZenEdit:
http://nebiru.com/zenedit/index.cfm?event=helpIndex#modules

No MIDI in == no support   ;D
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Bozwiz

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »

Cheers for that guys!

I was aware though, that my td4 was no use with the zendrum.  I was lucky enough to have an hour with Allan (digitaldrummer) who showed me the best of the best in terms of VSTs and hardware solutions while i played with his Z4.

Thanks again for the heads up though! Nice to see a community looking out for new members!

Cheers.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up