Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: global triggers  (Read 621 times)

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
global triggers
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:03:25 PM »

hi, I have 2 triggers on my zendrum with the same  bfd2 drum sound on it and one trigger is louder than the  other. can the dynamics be changed per trigger or is it global and how do i do it.

thanks
mark

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: global triggers
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »

ZenEdit allows you to edit the noise floor and response curve for individual triggers.  You could use these controls to even out the two triggers so that they behave more consistently.  Might take a bit of experimentation on your part but certainly is doable.

ZenEdit 2 will give you even more control via its visual calibration tool and addition of upper volume control per trigger, but that's still a couple months out.

Other than using ZenEdit, the only other fix that comes to mind is to separate the two triggers by giving them differing note numbers, but the same sound in BFD.  That of course sucks up an extra, precious slot though.

HTH
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »

thanks mr drumwagon for the apt reply, but how did the two triggers get the seperate volumes in the first place? and the reason i use two triggers for one drum sound is due to the zendrum triggers cannot play a drum roll on one trigge,r two are needed to achieve this.  thanks for your help sir.

mark

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »

Some of my piezos are hotter than others, just the nature of the beast I suppose.  David can probably chime in on that though.

Regarding playing a roll on one trigger, don't worry, you'll get there someday.  Just takes practice.
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 11:25:31 PM »

Mark,

I don't use BFD, but with my Roland module I have sometimes seen this: I assigned a snare drum to one trigger, then assigned the same snare drum to a different trigger, using a different note number. So even though I am using the same snare drum sample, I am actually using two different snares, because the same sample is assigned to different note numbers, and therefore settings for them can differ.
What I am trying to say (and doing a poor job of it I think!), is that the Zendrum triggers may have nothing to do with the volume difference at all. For me, every time I thought it was the ZD triggers, it was actually the module. Not something wrong, just 'operator dumb-dumb'. After much exploration and head scratching I finally figured it out. Course I keep making the same mistake over again, lol !
Good luck!
Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up