Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trigger Question  (Read 1470 times)

GaryLee

Trigger Question
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:14:20 PM »

I'm using a Roland TD-7 which is working great, however if I press and hold the Zendrum trigger I get multiple hits is this normal? Or do I change a setting on the Zen or the TD-7?

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
Re: Trigger Question
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:14:32 AM »

That happens to me to sometimes; I'm playing a DTX 2.0.  I wouldn't recommend doing it all that often as I'm not sure what mechanical process is happening to execute that and I wouldn't want to damage my instrument, but it's been happening to me since I started with mine and I've detected no problems.

-Jaay
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:39:13 AM by Jaay »
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

GaryLee

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:05:03 AM »

By what I hear on the forum once in awhile you have to press down on the pads hard to reseat them, so I can't imagine that applying some steady pressure on them when playing would harm them.................or am I wrong.   Again if I press on snare pad it does a short roll is this correct or will switching polarity take care of that.

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »

This is normal.  It seems to me that when you apply pressure, it is just sending continuous note on/note off messages s fast as the pad can respond, based on the gate/mask times set in the instrument.  I wouldn't recommend doing it a lot tho!

Jer
Pages: [1]   Go Up