Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crossfade Question  (Read 856 times)

weeksville

Crossfade Question
« on: July 08, 2011, 05:29:12 PM »

Can you crossfade two notes or does it have to be four?  I want just a ride and crash for cymbals on a TD6V at one velocity point.  If it has to be four can  you just set the velocity to trigger the first two notes zero then set one more velocity change between notes 3 and 4.  I  am assigning note values to the triggers to numbers that have no drum sounds on the TD6V.  Note numbers 0-17 and 97-127 are free to use in this manner on midi channel 10.  If I don't have a sound on note 1 and 2 but I have a ride on 3 and crash on 4, can I set the velocity to 0 for note 1,2 and 3 then set the velocity to say 100 for triggering sound 4?  Did all that make sense? 

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Crossfade Question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »

If you are using ZenEdit, sure.  Just assign one note number to 2 of the crossfade notes, and another number to the rest.

Otherwise the only place there are 4 consecutive note numbers on the TD-6 are 49 through 53.  You could try assigning the same sound to two of those and another sound to the rest.
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

weeksville

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:16:48 PM »

You can reassign the note numbers of the triggers to whatever note number you want in the TD6V but you already know this I am sure.  I assign them to notes that have no sounds on midi channel 10, 0-17 and 97-127.  That way I can use all of the stock sounds that the accompaniment drum set has available on note numbers 18-96 on other triggers. 

But back to the point at hand.  To make sure I understand, you can assign the same note number to two of the notes in the crossfade app in zenedit?  They don't have to be 4 different notes?  I am about to drop the 100 bucks if this works like I think it does.
Thanks

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47:26 PM »

Correct, with ZenEdit you can assign a different (or the same) note number to each crossfade section of a Z4 based Zendrum.  Without ZenEdit you can only choose the first note and then the next 3 have to be sequential.  Having the ability to assign different note numbers to each section was actually the original reason I wrote the tool that eventually became ZenEdit.  You can also move the 3 crossfade locations around to suit your playing style.  This is in addition to a host of other features buried in your Zendrum that ZenEdit unlocks.

HTH
-darin
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:48:49 PM by DrumWagon »
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up