Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shipping Zendrum  (Read 806 times)

weeksville

Shipping Zendrum
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »

How are folks shipping their Zendrums back to Atlanta for the Z4 upgrade? 

peabody58

• Tribesman
  • The Draken!
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Piece of the Web
Re: Shipping Zendrum
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 04:36:43 AM »

Hope you saved the original box your Z3 came in.  If not, FedEx will fix you up with a decent packaging.

Once you get your Z4 upgrade, SAVE the box.  You will need that when you return the Z4 for an Internal Wireless upgrade, a volume knob upgrade and more pads upgrade.  ;D
The  'Draken' - custom themed mother-of-pearl in-layed ZX-Z4, longest build in history: 173 days!  Curley Maple/Zebrawood/Curley Maple.  Internal Wireless / Volume Knob.  Custom Case.  Roland TD-10exp / (2) JBL EON G2

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 05:33:44 AM »

I got rid of my box so I have an excuse to drive down to ZDHQ in person!!

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Tom Roady

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 01:36:51 PM »

Another excuse for a "roadtrip"!!!!.....its a no brainer for me...3 1/2 hrs and I'm there!!! the mayor

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »

That's right mayor, you are the half way point for me, stop off in Nashville, pick you up and on to ZDHQ.  Got to love it!
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

tigerxchaos

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 11:48:09 AM »

I had to ship my Z4 back for service a few weeks ago. I was bright enough to toss out my original box, and FedEx wanted nearly $100 just to package it for me, so David came up with a great idea.

Check out local music stores and see if you can hunt down a used guitar box. Many music stores either hang onto them or just toss them out. More than likely you can get one for cheap or free. Next, put the Zendrum back into its gig bag and then use great big wads of newspaper or packing paper for filler inside the rest of the box (make sure the Zendrum isn't bouncing around when you shake the box and that there's no give in the flaps on either end). Tape up securely, and ship out.

I paid $15 for the box (got hosed, but was in a hurry and didn't want to hunt around), about $5 for filler material, and $66 for UPS freight with $2000 insurance from Chicagoland back to Atlanta. David does fast work...he had my board replaced and turned back around in 2 days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up