Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zendrumdrive  (Read 3485 times)

rancar

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
Zendrumdrive
« on: May 22, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »

I have no sound module for my zendrum. I sold my electronic kit that had a TD8. No I.m left with nothing.
Has anyone tried the ZENDRUMDRIVE? I am leaning toward going that route instead of another module...
All suggestions and opinions welcomed.
Thanks,Carl
Custom Shop ZX: Wenge with Purpleheart and Padouk Layers.... What a Christmas that was...

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Re: Zendrumdrive
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:27:50 PM »

I sampled the Zendrum Drive back in January.  It is set up very well.  You can have 8 outs to run to a sound board, basically assign the kick to output 1, snare to 2, and so on.  The guys at Zendrum sampled all of the sounds that are on the drive and I hear through the grapevine there will be more available in the future.  It was very responsive when I played it and there aremany options that you can have customized in the system for what you may want such as hard drive sizes and types, memory and so on.  It would be a solid route to go that Zendrum would support you with.  The other thing with using the Zendrum drive or any other software based platform versus a sound (drum) module from what I have heard ( I was using a Roland TD-6V) is that the sounds in the module do not have as many articulations that are available with the software.  I am sure the more expensive modules will have better sounds, but for me, the software route was night and day difference and there is so much more control over the samples.  The Zendrum drive is using Battery 3 software and I can honestly say that Zendrum would not put the drive on the market if they did not stand behind their product like they have the Zendrum.  If I had to choose between a drum module and the Zendrum Drive, I would go with the Zendrum drive.  Just my opinion.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

wallymulhearn

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 07:25:31 AM »

I have a Zendrumdrrive and have to agree with Rob 100%.  I am definitely no techno-genius so the simplicity of the Zendrumdrive was one big reason why I bought it.  The sounds are as good or better than any sound module I've ever heard.  The expansion capabilities are also a huge plus.  There is also something to be said about picking up the phone and speaking to the folks who actually invented and built the instrument.  All this made the Zendrumdrive a "no brainer" for me.

Wally

huez2000

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:36:54 AM »

omg.....I had the opportunity to play the Zendrumdrive for a long session not to long ago. To me it's all about the extreme layering and quality of the drum sounds along with the speed of pad assignements since it's all inclusive. It was all right there in front of me in a single rack. The samples for each drum were recorded in a state of the art studio which has been home to everybody from Springsteen to The Black Crowes. By far the most articulate drum samples and Kit placement I have played yet on my ZenDrum LT (and I have just about everything when it comes to sample libraries)   ;)

rancar

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »

Thanks for the input. It certainly made sense to me also that if the Zendrum people put their name on it that they did their homework and did more homework to make sure the quality was as good as the ZX itself. Which we all know is top shelf. I want a unit that is easy to deal with but not limited and it appears this is the ticket.
I will be needing to get together with Dave and configure a unit.
Thanks again for the input.
Carl
Custom Shop ZX: Wenge with Purpleheart and Padouk Layers.... What a Christmas that was...

Grardo

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 12:33:30 AM »

I have a small problem that I could really do with some help with.....

I'm recording via midi from my TD20 into Garageband. Everything is working as it should except for the hi-hat. The only way I can get it to register a completely closed hit is by leaning all my weight (which isn't much to be fair, I'm only 55.5kgs) onto my hi-hat pedal.....

I have checked the Hi-Hat Trigger Display and this confirms that the only way I can get the hats to respond correctly in the midi realm is by doing this....

Is there a way I can tweak any of the Trigger settings so I can play the hats with "normal" pressure and not like an elephant??

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 06:48:24 AM »

Avast Thar Grardo,

Try using a Roland TD-7 electronic high hat pedal.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Jetski

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »

I think he means try using a Roland FD-7 or a FD-8 hi hat pedal. Right, mate? ::)

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:40 AM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

Indeed Aye did mean to say Roland FD-7 Hi Hat Pedal.  Cursed be me fat fingers and the lack of tyme to proofread!

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 07:40:04 AM »

Just did a gig yesterday that tested the limits of what I have designed Zendrumdrive to be all about.
Played Atlanta Steeplechase for 1000 sponsors under a huge tent in the middle of a field with the entire band running off one small Honda generator. Full-out rock show for three hours using wireless Zendrum. If ever anything was going to kill a Zendrumdrive or make a wireless unit act screwy, this was going to be it. I've played this gig for many years and amps and mixers usually go crazy with the little jobsite generator's unstable brown power. Happy to report we all survived without incident or any problems except for gasoline fumes and dust in my lungs today.
Crowd went home after two encores buzzed and happy.
We were hired again on the spot for next year.
I win.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation
Pages: [1]   Go Up