Zendrum Stuff > Tech Help

Zendrumdrive

<< < (2/2)

Grardo:
I have a small problem that I could really do with some help with.....

I'm recording via midi from my TD20 into Garageband. Everything is working as it should except for the hi-hat. The only way I can get it to register a completely closed hit is by leaning all my weight (which isn't much to be fair, I'm only 55.5kgs) onto my hi-hat pedal.....

I have checked the Hi-Hat Trigger Display and this confirms that the only way I can get the hats to respond correctly in the midi realm is by doing this....

Is there a way I can tweak any of the Trigger settings so I can play the hats with "normal" pressure and not like an elephant??

Pyrate:
Avast Thar Grardo,

Try using a Roland TD-7 electronic high hat pedal.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate

Jetski:
I think he means try using a Roland FD-7 or a FD-8 hi hat pedal. Right, mate? ::)

Pyrate:
Avast Thar Mateys,

Indeed Aye did mean to say Roland FD-7 Hi Hat Pedal.  Cursed be me fat fingers and the lack of tyme to proofread!

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate

Inspector 109:
Just did a gig yesterday that tested the limits of what I have designed Zendrumdrive to be all about.
Played Atlanta Steeplechase for 1000 sponsors under a huge tent in the middle of a field with the entire band running off one small Honda generator. Full-out rock show for three hours using wireless Zendrum. If ever anything was going to kill a Zendrumdrive or make a wireless unit act screwy, this was going to be it. I've played this gig for many years and amps and mixers usually go crazy with the little jobsite generator's unstable brown power. Happy to report we all survived without incident or any problems except for gasoline fumes and dust in my lungs today.
Crowd went home after two encores buzzed and happy.
We were hired again on the spot for next year.
I win.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version