Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A little Advise for this newbee?  (Read 925 times)

Dr Evil

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
A little Advise for this newbee?
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »

Hello to all, I am new to the Zendrum world as I finally own one.

I just purchased Zenedit 1.4.1, sysex dumps and midi communication are working just fine.

My issue is that I do not see anywhere in this zenedit version where I can load modules.
In the video tutorial, I can clearly see a task bar with setup and module in it, I can also see these items in the setup panes.
They do not appear on the version I have, again, I just installed it and it says this is the newest version.

Am I missing something?. any input or direction would be appreciated.

Cheers and thanks,

Darrell
Zebrawood ZX - BFD 2.0 - EZ Drummer & Superior Drummer - Alesis D4 & DMPRO - WIN XP - Presonus Firebox - JBL EON-15

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: A little Advise for this newbee?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »

Darrell also emailed me and I answered his question there before seeing this post, so I'll repeat my response here in the hopes that it will help anyone else in a similar situation:

Hello Darrell.

Yes, the video is out of date.  I'd been waiting until ZenEdit 2.0 was complete before taking the time to update them.

Let's see if I can help you though.  First off, the term "module" was changed to "mapping" along the way so as to not confuse VST users.  That's probably what threw you off.  In addition a feature was added in which each CHANNEL could have a different mapping, rather than each SETUP.  This makes things more flexible for people that use multiple channels within one setup, all going to different modules/VSTs.

So to setup ZenEdit to use EZD:
- Select the user setup (1-16) you want to use.
- In the "Setup Edit Pane" (the first one) find "Channel Mappings", or select it from the main menu (under User Setup).
- A screen appears which allows you to select which mapping to use for each MIDI channel.
- You probably are using channel 10, so in the drop-down for channel 10 select "EZDrummer".
- When you dismiss the window, it will also give you the option to apply it to ALL setups, to save you from having to repeat these steps if you use EZD for all your setups.

Hope this info helps!
-darin

◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »

Also, welcome to the tribe and the wonderful world of the Zendrum!   :D
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

Dr Evil

• Tribal Pledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:21:41 AM »

Darin,

Thanks for the the quick response and direction.
Once you spelled it out for me, I had no issues getting Zenedit to do what I wanted.

Cheers, Darrell
Zebrawood ZX - BFD 2.0 - EZ Drummer & Superior Drummer - Alesis D4 & DMPRO - WIN XP - Presonus Firebox - JBL EON-15

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »

Fantastic!  Glad to hear it.

Ask me about:
Pages: [1]   Go Up