Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pyrate at the beach  (Read 825 times)

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Pyrate at the beach
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:21:28 PM »

Avast thar Mateys,

Aye be in Virginia Beach for a conference. If any zendrumers want to get together, let me know.  Aye will be here 10-12 May.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Re: Pyrate at the beach
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:45:32 AM »

I grew up there and would love to go back, especially to hook up and play some Zendrum, but I am stuck here in St. Louis.  I have some friends that are in some great bands you can check out, I will find out where they are playing and let you know.  One band is Slapwater, and the other is Strictly Buizness.  I used to play with guys out of both of those bands and I can tell you they put on a great show.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

Aye met with an olde shipmate of mine here in Virginia Beach.  We went to a club called Cheyenne's, which just so happens has an open mike night.  By Neptune's fortune, Aye had me Jolly Roger Zendrum and all associated equipment with me.  Not exactly me best performance (then again, Aye have only played in public 3 times now), and Aye tried to get a little too fancy perhaps.  Aye had fun anyway.  And Aye received a lot of questions about the Zendrum.  So, all in all, a good night.  Aye think we shall do it again tomorrow night.

Pyrate
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 04:29:16 AM »

Wish I could be there, sounds like fun.  Another day I guess.  I haven't been back there since I got my Zendrum, and all my friends would love to hear it.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:30:14 AM »

Get used to the questions pyrate, it seems like they are at every gig. I am sure you did a fine job playing. Did you use your TD-20 or have you passed over to the software route. I am in the process of getting my computer rig set up but still play my TD-20 out live until I get comfortable with setting up and playing the computer. Life is good to have so many options. Thumper
Thumper

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 06:23:13 AM »

Avast Thar Thumper,

Since Aye still have not conquered the BFD2 thing yet, although Aye am making progress, Aye brough me TD-20 with me.  It sits in a pelican style case (but not the pelican brand), well protected from the bumps and grinds of the journey from me Pyrate Lair to Virginina Beach.  I did manage to acquire a new longer case, made by the same company (Ameripack be the name), in which Aye plan to place the Jolly Roger Zendrum AND the TD-20, as well as all of the associated cables, power cords, ad nauseum that go into this travelling roadshow.  When Aye have it all fitted out, Aye will post some photos.  The Ameripack folks be really nice and accomodating, and they be much cheaper than Pelican or SKB.  In fact they supply much of SKB and Aye was told to call them for any SKB needs.

Pyrate

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 09:49:54 AM »

Pyrate, I am also playing my TD-20 out live until I get comfortable with the computer, Spent all day loading Superior SDX's as they were on sale for 99 dollars each. You have to buy them thru a music store online and not the Toontrack website. I have DP7 loaded as my host and will load BFD2 and Battery 3 as soon as I have a block of time. I set out for the calm seas of Key West next week for some r & r. I am very excited to get this software thing going and paying out live with it. Thumper
Thumper

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 10:35:30 AM »

Pyrate,

I've been playing out live with 2 different bands for over 4 years. Not a single night goes by without the question being asked: "Hey, what IS that thing?!?!"  Another one: "Geez, I thought I heard drums, but I had no idea where they were coming from !!".
Playing the zendrum is not for sissies! You have to be able to 'splain, to defend (Why aren't you playing regular drums!), and most important...
to HAVE FUN!
Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up