Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer FCB 1010  (Read 1885 times)

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Behringer FCB 1010
« on: March 11, 2007, 03:43:52 PM »

Avast Thar Mateys!!!

I am trying to find out if anyone has used a Behringer FCB 1010 Midi footboard. If so can you explain to me what you use it for.  I think I know what I can use it for, but before I go shelling out hard earned dubloons for it, I want to make sure I understand it.  Any help is appreciated.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Michael Render

Re: Behringer FCB 1010
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 07:37:41 AM »

Remember that this device was designed with guitarists and keyboard players in mind.

First and foremost it is a program change device. But each preset is programmable with up to five patch change commands going to 5 different channels. If you used outboard effects, you could send patch changes to all of them as well as your unit. Or if you used more than one synth. Or any combo.

Expression pedals. You could program the two expression pedals to any continuous controller. For a guitar player he might select volume and wah-wah sweep. Or you could control effects parameters, etc. The only continuou controller the TD-20 listens to is #4 Pedal. Which is what controls hi-hat position.

There are a couple other do-das, like the ability to transmit tap-tempo messages and I think there is a dedicated A/B switch for amp selection.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:40:41 AM »

Avast Thar Michael,

So if I am reading you correctly, it really isn't worth my while to get one of these fancy things.

Pyrate
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

timecutter

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 09:41:03 AM »

yo, ahoy, greetings

This unit caught my eye too.  I actually downloaded the manual - (but did I read it?  of course not!  (well - a little)).  A stomp box that can send out patch change messages could be real handy - and that is exactly what this thing does.  I have been using programmable buttons on my keyboad to send patch change commands to my planet earth module  and elsewhere - that works.  But I know there will be times when I don't want to haul the keyboard around.   I saw a user's review of this unit that said the programming was finnicky and hopefully would only need to be done once.   I can see this unit or something like it in my future - and frankly, I haven't seen anything quite like it out there.  I do have a prejudice against Behringer, however.  I am going to want some sort of box in my MIDI chain to send program change, volume, perhaps pan, maybe trigger loops....I've got a UC33 - works but I don't like its feel.  Maybe a Novation remote SL Zero.   Can't operate those puppies with your feet, though.  I'm still configuring my rig....

I found the manual on the Behringer web site - could send it to ya if you'd like, Pyrate.

fair winds, following seas, safe travels

Mark

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:19:57 PM »

Avast Thar Mark,

Triggering loops is what I had in mind as well as changing programs on the fly in the Zendrum itself.  I have access to the Behringer website, but much thanks for your kind offer to send me the manual.

Pyrate

Zenfem#9

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 01:44:35 PM »

Yahoo groups has a site for the Behringer.
"music is to me proof of the existence of God"
Kurt Vonnegut

weeksville

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 12:19:54 PM »

I use mine to control an Echoplex Digital Pro looper.  The ten buttons can be programed to send midi comands like progam change, note on, note off and so on... and the two pedals can be programed for continuous midi data like volume or pitch bend.

I have not tried to incorporate it with the Zendrum. I don't konw what midi messages the various parameters respond to.

I would like to be able to switch between the 16 setups in the Zendrum via the footpedal but I don't know what midi message to send to the Zendrum to accoplish this. This would unfortunately require another midi cable from the footpedal to the  midi in port.  It was mentioned in another thread that this would be a nice onboard feature utilizing the control pad and the triggers to jump from one setup to another.  I would like to be able to do this too.   Being able to change onboard would be ideal.  Now I have to scroll through the 16 setups to change sounds when I am looping wth the Zendrum.  Kinda breaks the flow sometimes.  From my other midi controlers I can switch at the push of a button.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up