Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland KC-500  (Read 1302 times)

GaryLee

Roland KC-500
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:29:15 PM »

I'm looking at a couple Roland KC-500's.  I can get a pair of them for $600.  Any opinions on these keyboard amps as far as handling elec. percussion?  Thanks for any input.

timecutter

Re: Roland KC-500
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »

I have been happy with my KC350, the smaller version - until just lately, when I needed more volume.  I know folks are using the KC500s - but I suggest you crank 'em up if you can & make sure they will get the volume you need.  When I push my little 350 too hard, it distorts badly.   On another forum, MustangMick was so kind as to offer suggestions to me about amps - I believe he used the KC500.   The "stereo-link" feature of the Roland does appeal to me (though I haven't used it) - but I would be really tempted by a pair in good condition at a good price.   Make sure the volume you want is there.  I've been very happy with the sound of the KC350 (at relatively low volume levels).  $600 for two sounds like a good price to me, though!  I wonder what the seller is moving up to...

good luck

GaryLee

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 01:40:06 PM »

Believe it or not I found two people within 50 miles of me that are selling a pair of KC-500's.  One guy is selling his whole set TD-7, 8-PD7 pads, rack, kick control with DW pedal, HH control, Gibraltor Throne and two KC-500's.  He will let it all go for a $1,000, $600 if I just want the amps.  The other guy is just selling two KC-500's wants $375 per will let both go for $600.  I'm almost thinking about grabbing the set for a grand and sell off the Td7, pads, pedals and rack.

timecutter

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »

Wow - remarkable indeed.  If you get a pair of KC500s, I'd be very eager to hear how it works out using the stereolink feature.  I think there is a market out there for used/vintage/legacy equipment, for sure.

-Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up