Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: receptor case/stand  (Read 1185 times)

mark

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
receptor case/stand
« on: March 10, 2007, 05:53:27 PM »

I ordered a freddy receptor pro and am wondering if anybody can give me some advice.  I want to put it on a stand similar to the gibraltar  bongo stand /custom zendrum stand top that you use to hold a zendrum.  I have one for my zendrum and it works great.  I am thinking of putting a 2 space rack/case on the stand top and put the receptor indside the case.  I want to have the receptor at least the same height as the zendrum so i don't have to kneel down to the floor if i have to adjust the receptor.  Any advice appreciated.
thanks
mark

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Re: receptor case/stand
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 06:55:43 PM »

Avast Thar Matey,

You may be a bit unstable and top heavy with that arrangement on a bongo stand.  I would recommend something akin to a keyboard stand with a portable rack mounted on that.  We wouldn't want your new Freddy Receptor to capsize.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

john emrich

• Tribal Wizard
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • john emrich
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 09:34:28 PM »

I would recommend that you use a good keyboard stand.  Ludwig also makes a stand that is used for holding bells and portable xylophones.  It looks just like a regular double brace stand.  You also need to keep in mind that the Receptor needs a blank space below the unit for airflow.

Hope this helps,
John
John Emrich
Drums, Percussion, Producer, Sound designer

davidm

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 11:50:30 PM »

Because the Receptor is a PC!!!   ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up