Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Zendrum Destiny  (Read 6432 times)

GaryLee

Zendrum Destiny
« on: March 08, 2007, 05:11:30 PM »

I hate to keep posting but I got to do something until my Zendrum comes.  I was checking out the History of the Zendrum and what do you know, the acoustic set that I gig out with is.........you guessed it, a Yamaha Manu Katche.............I believe I was destined to own a Zen.  Actually the Manu Katche set is very compact and sounds good.

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
Re: Zendrum Destiny
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »

I hate to keep posting but I got to do something until my Zendrum comes.

If it bothers you that much, I can restrict your postings ability!
Play nice.

GaryLee

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »

I'll slow down on posting, blocking is not needed.  Sorry.

Michael Render

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 07:06:58 PM »

Hey, he was just kidding.
It does sound like you were destined!

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 07:47:34 PM »

Bad Administrator.

Funny thing is I have the same twisted sense of humor.
That's scary  :P

Cheers,
Steve

peabody58

• Tribesman
  • The Draken!
    • View Profile
    • Tom's Piece of the Web
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 06:35:04 AM »

You are aware of course that per the Zendrum bylaws, your new Zen will not be shipped until you post the minimum number of times.  The formula is a closely garded secret having to do with Geosphere's IQ and the number of time's Gina's computer has crashed in the last luner eclipse. 
The  'Draken' - custom themed mother-of-pearl in-layed ZX-Z4, longest build in history: 173 days!  Curley Maple/Zebrawood/Curley Maple.  Internal Wireless / Volume Knob.  Custom Case.  Roland TD-10exp / (2) JBL EON G2

ZenGina

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 08:36:40 AM »

The formula is a closely garded secret having to do with Geosphere's IQ and the number of time's Gina's computer has crashed in the last luner eclipse.

Okay: We just had last Saturday night a total lunar eclipse and (oh, I shudder to even go here...will have to say chants and spells and smudge the office to undo even having mentioned the possibility) this computer did NOT crash, so that number in the formula is a big round zero. So I reckon if you can get Geo to tell you what his IQ is then you'll have your number.
Over to you, Geo!!!

Gina
Gina Boger-Haney
Zendrum World Headquarters

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 05:32:08 PM »

So I reckon if you can get Geo to tell you what his IQ is then you'll have your number.

When I was in 5th grade, I was shuttled to Stonybrook University for a battery of special IQ tests.  From that point on, I was in specific honors classes until 10th grade, when I was alllowed to start taking a limited number of college credit bearing courses.

Due to the fact that my family didn't have a lot of money, I went to the local community college.  I had already completed a full semester of courses while in High School.  My High School transcript probably would have been better if I actually attended more classes rather than hang out with my future wife.

I finished my education at Hofstra University, where prices at the time were something like $8000 per term (Its now $11,900).  Since one class at community college I only had a 3.5 in, I was not given a full scholarship.  However, my complete college education ran just over $2000.  I never bought any books while at school.  They were too expensive, so I would just read someone else's texts during lunch.

It then paid itself back as I began to teach philosophy for credits and various stipends right after graduation.  I should have kept doing that - it was before you were required an actual teaching certification and I probably could have been grandfathered in with a nice pension waiting.  I was offered the teaching position due to numbers that came out of a computerized homework system we had - you logged in and it came up with results for how long it took you to complete an assignment.  My entire semester's homework was completed in less time than was allocated for a single day.  This got some attention, including having a professor watch me complete an assignment to prove I wasn't cheating.  The 15 question assignment was allowed 40 minutes to complete.  I was finished in 1 minute, 8 seconds. 

I could come up with a number for you, but I've never seen two actual IQ tests come up with the same number, and I really don't believe what they represent (a ratio of how fast an individual learns compared to an average individual).

Yes, I promise this is all true.
Play nice.

ZenGina

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 06:34:17 PM »

Uh, well, just, HOLY MOLY there, Geo!!!

So...(commence to cipherin') [click click click (sound of computer keyboard calculator keys)...carry the 1, plus 227...chka chka chka (sound of printer)]...
I come up with 487...is that about right, Geo?!
Wow, GaryLee, that's a lot of posts between now and your Zendrum shipping date!
Better get to postin'!

;D
Gina Boger-Haney
Zendrum World Headquarters

Zenfem#9

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »

Wow Geo,  I should never have taken that first hit of weed when I was 13...maybe I could have done better in college.  Of course I haven't really touched the stuff in many years (paranoia) but If only I hadn't wasted those formative years....maybe garylee should go off my IQ instead, it will be a much shorter wait!

Raven
"music is to me proof of the existence of God"
Kurt Vonnegut

Michael Render

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 06:43:34 AM »

Wow! Who, besides me, feels inadequate? I should never have taken up drumming, They say every stroke kills a brain cell. Of course "they" say a lot of things. But I was a philosophy major when I dropped out of college. Does that count?

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 06:52:01 PM »

Avast Thar Mateys,

I once dated a philosophy major in college.  She kept running around saying things like, "Why is there air?"  Like, every Phys Ed major knows why there's air.  There's air to blow up volley balls and basketballs.  Arrgghhh!!!!

And then there is the old axiom about studying, which Irepeat here for enjoyment:

The more you study, the more you know;
     The more you know, the more you can forget;
     The more you can forget, the less you know;
      So why study?

And then there is the logic of mathematics regarding work, knowledge and time:

Time is Money
     Knowledge is Power

Power is Work done over a period of time, represented by the formula   P=W/T
     If we substitute Money for time as in the philosophy above then P=W/M
     If we further substitute Knowledge for power we get K=W/M

If we carefully analyze this equation, we can conculde that the more you know, the harder you work and the less money you get paid.  Conversely if you know very little, you don't have to work and you will be very wealthy.

Hopefully these little life lessons are helpful.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

davidm

GaryLee

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 12:14:17 AM »

UHHHH! To think I deleted my little poem, maybe some got to read it before I deleted it.  I'm gonna go practice.

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up