Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland TD6V question  (Read 1656 times)

GaryLee

Roland TD6V question
« on: March 07, 2007, 06:34:21 PM »

Will I still be able to use the trigger inputs along with the Zendrum with the Roland TD6V?  I might want to use possibly the HH and Kick while I'm breaking in to this new endeavor.  I sit in with my brothers country band once in awhile and my debut with the Zen may still be sitting back behind the set.  Good old liberal Minnesota, country music with a Zen should be interesting.

Inspector 109

• "The Head" of Zendrum R&D
  • Tribal Leader
  • The Big Bald One
    • View Profile
    • Zendrum.com
Re: Roland TD6V question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:12:41 PM »

Hey Gary,
Absolutely you can still use the pedals into the TD-6 trigger inputs while using the MIDI In for the Zendrum.
I would highly recommend doing that first to make the transition easier.
That's what I did too, until I realized after a couple of gigs that I could play 32nd note bass drum fills with my hands in the middle of Mustang Sally and make my bass player run screaming off the stage...(what fun!!!)
Mainly I would say do ANYTHING that makes you comfortable and have a good time. There are no rules here, only imagination and experimentation. Go for it.
David Haney
Zendrum Corporation

Michael Render

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 08:20:11 AM »

You can use the all triggers and the Zendrum at the same time. No worries there. The TD-6 listens to both the triggers and MIDI at the same time.

GaryLee

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 08:34:03 AM »

Great, then I can set up the electronic set & bring the Zen (more equipment to haul).  That way I can break this in at my own comfort level.  Thanks for all the help.  This is exciting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up