Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I was looking forward to showing off my Z4...  (Read 797 times)

digitalDrummer

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
I was looking forward to showing off my Z4...
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:06:48 PM »

Our band's agent holds a monthly jam session for the artists he represents and for any other enthusiasts wanting to play out, and last Friday, I was really looking forward to jamming with the Z4. It's something I can't really do with the band as it doesn't quite fit the oldies look and sound.
I was bolstered by the fact that our agent has an electronic kit at the jam venue.
So, full of hope, I arrived to see the Yamaha TDXplorer in action, sidled over with the my MIDI cable at the ready - only to discover that the module only has MIDI Out. WTF!!!
So, next time, I'll be taking my laptop along, but that begs the question. Output from the headphone out on the laptop is obviously stereo, and in all likelihood, the amp will have mono imputs, so I guess I'll have come up with some soft splitter.
Anyone got any tips for connecting a laptop to a PA/amp?

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Re: I was looking forward to showing off my Z4...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:29:35 AM »

The amp I was using, Behringer keyboard amp, had 4 channels on it, so I would run both left and right into separate channels.  I use a QSC K12 and KSub now, and it has a left and right input on it, so I use both on that.  What does the Yamaha module use?  If they are plugged into the PA, which I am thinking it would be, you should be able to plug right into the PA with a left and right and you should be good to go, that is what I do at the local jams.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

Zendrumdude

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
Re: I was looking forward to showing off my Z4...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:57:05 PM »

DD,

Hosa makes a cable specifically for this application.  It's also perfect for sending your iPod through one channel on a board for break music at the gig.  It's a male 1/8" stereo on one and and a male 1/4" mono on the other.  It's wired such that it sums the L-R outs so you can still hear all the background vocals when you listen to early Beatles in mono!

Jer
Pages: [1]   Go Up