Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reasonably Priced Sound Module?  (Read 4539 times)

Pocket Master

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Pocket Master
Re: Reasonably Priced Sound Module?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 10:19:49 AM »

Alright Thumper,

I loaded up my Ableton, then I loaded up my main kit, but took out every drum except the kick.  Then I loaded a second track in Ableton, then loaded in my main kit but took everything out except the snare.  SD2 allows bleed through some of the mics, so if you have a drum that bleeds through, like the kick will rattle the snares so I loaded both the snare and the kick on the kick track so it will get that bleed, if the instrument is not loaded, it won't load the sound.  Anyway, it took some time but I was able to load all of the mics from SD2 into Ableton.  Now I am able to mute, solo, and change specifics in each track with the FC-300.  I didn't program the FC-300 in depth, just set it up to arm tracks and turn off tracks.  Volume may be an issue because I only have two expression pedals and I can program one pedal to do the volume on each track, but then when I move the pedal, all tracks are affected, I am sure there is a way to tell Ableton that I only want the volume of a certain track changed when selected, but I need to play with that some more.

Bottom line--I can record each separate drum in Ableton and add effects from Ableton to a single track without affecting the entire kit.  I can also record a MIDI track for each drum and separate them better rather than recording the entire kit on one track, then going in and isolating just the snare or HH.

Thanks for flipping the lightbulb on in my head.  I am actually working on a project that the client wants individual MIDI tracks and I wasn't sure how I was going to do that without spending hours splitting the MIDI signal after it was recorded.

Rob
Zebrawood ZX-Z4, 30 Triggers, Honey Sunburst Flame Maple ZX-Z4, 29 Triggers on the ZX BABY!!!!, Apple® MacBook® Pro, Ableton Live, Superior Drummer 2.0 with expansion packs, BFD2, Internal Wireless Midijet Pro, Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller, QSC K12 and Ksub

THUMPER

• Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 10:58:53 AM »

I am glad. We really are on the cutting edge of what the Zendrum can do with all these options out there. Like I said before, if you can imagine it it can really happen. I am glad that Inspector 109 many years ago had an idea that it may have taken a long time to come to pass, is here now and really moving fast! Thumper
Thumper

Michael8773

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 06:09:10 PM »

Alesis DM-10

Does the pitch of the drum sound go up (or act naturally) with this or does it simply just get louder?

I am still looking for a live sound module.  I am open to using a PC too if anyone has any suggestions please on software etc.

Thanks all!

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 09:20:19 AM »

Alesis DM-10

Does the pitch of the drum sound go up (or act naturally) with this or does it simply just get louder?

I am still looking for a live sound module.  I am open to using a PC too if anyone has any suggestions please on software etc.

Thanks all!

It has a very natural dynamic response.  Not just volume.
Play nice.

Michael8773

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 09:57:50 AM »

Alesis DM-10

I went ahead and ordered one.  :-)  

I had an old ddrum 4se that I was using to get over the learning curve.  I picked on an Alesis SR-18, which are very inexpensive  and have GREAT sounds, but the velocity is too machine like.  The sounds just get louder rather than as you described the DM-10 response curve.

Thanks for your feedback.

BTW, I am so happy about this forum.  It is a wonderful resource for us all.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:00:03 AM by Michael8773 »

Michael8773

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 12:46:58 PM »

Alesis DM-10

Wow do I like the Alesis DM-10 sound module!  ;D

GREAT sounds and response curve.  Very musical.

I just wanted to pass that on.

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »

So glad this forum steered you right!  We try.

I LOVE my DM10.  And its so darn tiny...
Play nice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up