Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toontrack interview with Futureman  (Read 1128 times)

MustangMick

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
    • Southbound
Toontrack interview with Futureman
« on: March 05, 2007, 01:36:40 PM »

Roy talking about his new setup (EZdrummer) for the Flecktones

http://www.toontrack.com/toontrack_artists.asp

Cheers
Mick

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Toontrack interview with Futureman
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:54:49 PM »

Avast Thar Mateys!!

I would be more interested in hearing more about the really cool Zendrum that futureman was using.  It looks like it had 1000 pads.  I would also be nterested if anyone has any experience with EZDrummer.  It looks cool too, and I am wondering how it would stand up against BFD and a Muse receptor.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

davidm

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 02:38:56 AM »

It looks like his Zen has some kind of figure painted onto it as well as the extra triggers. Also the form and the angles of the body itself are beautiful. Towards the end he mentions some type of collaboration between himself and the Zendrum company. Sounds exciting. Thanks for posting this.

Zenfem#9

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 09:30:02 PM »

Ezdrummer can't really be compared to BFD.  IMHO BFD wins hands down in the realism department. But that being said, ezdrummer is not bad.  Ezdrummer wins for the interface, its cool and works well.  Bfd's interface makes me crazy because it's too small.  Maybe its because my eyes are over forty now, but the hit lights are really hard to see, and the definition of highlighted things are weak.

EZdrummer's latin percussion is ok, it really needs some effects and tweaking, which you can do on easily in your host software.   Also ezdrummer doesnt run as a standalone, you have to have a host.  Ezdrummer is really "easy", if you're looking to lay down something fast, and it doesn't use nearly the system resources that BFD does.
"music is to me proof of the existence of God"
Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1]   Go Up