Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: software update wish list  (Read 2860 times)

weeksville

software update wish list
« on: March 05, 2007, 01:11:01 pm »

As I play more and more I add things I wish I could do.  Maybe I can and I just don't know it.  Perhaps someone can enlighten me.  My wish list for the new software would include
1) being able to assign individual midi channels to individual triggers (already discssued.)
2)Also, I wish the crossfade application was more generic.  The forced repeat of the crossfade notes on specific triggers is limiting (at least for me)  I don't need the same bass drum in three different places (or snare or hi hat.)  I understand the utility of this but to be most flexible it would be nice to duplicate triggers as you need them and where you need them. Mapping the entire 88 note keyboard across the triggers 4 notes at a time would leave 8 notes to be repeated (2 triggers instead of 8.) But theoretically if your sound module can map it, there are actually 127 notes that can be assigned in which case no triggers would be repeated.
(4 notes x 24 triggers=96 notes  96<127)  If you wanted to repeat drums you could just put them in two different four note spots.  Some of this might just not be possible.  It never hurts to ask. 
Just my 2 cents worth.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 01:15:37 pm by weeksville »

Geosphere

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Too Hip For The Room
Re: software update wish list
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:18:44 pm »

I'm putting in my official request to Chris for "HotKeys".

I want to be able to hold down say, one of the cursor keys, tap a pad, and have it go to that setup.  So each key hot switches to a new setup, without having to scroll numbers.

I'd also like a gyroscopically stabilized drink holder attachment.  Optional, of course.
Play nice.

weeksville

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 12:19:25 pm »

Good call.  Having not performed live yet I haven't had a problem with this feature. But live that would be very useful.

davidm

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 08:09:03 pm »

Not a software feature, but related to the hotkeys:

I would like the left and right buttons to feel different from the plus and minus buttons.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 05:38:36 am »

Arrggghhhh!!! And I would like a new jet powered, 75 foot motor yacht too,  and a new Ferrari while we are it.  But alas we cannot always get what we want, (unless you're Bill Gates).  So we will have to enjoy our Zendrums as they are for time being until David, Kim and Chris can get the new chip finalized and available.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Jaay

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 11:46:08 am »

I've refrained on posting update-related things, but since there seems to be a dedicated thread for it, I'll just put in my two bytes and let it rest.

Insted of cross-fade, I'd like to see an alternate-note function.  Tap the pad four times, you get four notes that cycle through a pre-determined sequence.  If possible, I think it would be cool to have those four notes be user-assignable instead of consecutive.

Okay, that's mine.   ;D

-Jaay
"Batman Purple" ZX, Roland TD-9, MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller, misc. triggers.

weeksville

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 12:49:59 pm »

Jaay,
Give me an example where you would use that feature.  Just curious....

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 04:39:05 pm »

I've refrained on posting update-related things, but since there seems to be a dedicated thread for it, I'll just put in my two bytes and let it rest.

Insted of cross-fade, I'd like to see an alternate-note function.  Tap the pad four times, you get four notes that cycle through a pre-determined sequence.  If possible, I think it would be cool to have those four notes be user-assignable instead of consecutive.

Okay, that's mine.   ;D

-Jaay

Great for playing melodies. It would hold the note out untill you strike the pad again. Then it would go to the next note. The sustain button would be set for the "all notes off" setting.
My DrumKat does that and it's very cool.

Cheers,
Steve

davidm

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 04:43:12 pm »

The TD-10 has a step-wise sequence playback feature that you could use.

Pyrate

• Tribal Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 06:41:38 pm »

Avast Thar Matey,

The Roland TD-20 has a feature like that where you can program tap patterns.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Pyrate
Lost at sea with the Jolly Roger Zendrum!
Pyrate Factoid:  Black Bart Roberts was the most successful Pyrate of the Golden Age.  He captured over 400 ships between 1720 and 1722.

Ingo

• Tribal Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 06:27:55 am »

OK. Here is my most wanted feature (and it should be winning the Nobel Price, too):

When tapping a secret pad combination the zendrum is beamed to its owner. If you could add this feature before thursday, I would get mine without delivery delay.  ;D

Ingo.

Zenfem#9

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 02:25:52 pm »

Definitely want to be able to send more than one midi channel.  Also liked Davidm's suggestion of a different feel for the buttons on the back, I am always pressing the wrong ones.
"music is to me proof of the existence of God"
Kurt Vonnegut

Zennerman1

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:43 pm »

Definitely want to be able to send more than one midi channel.  Also liked Davidm's suggestion of a different feel for the buttons on the back, I am always pressing the wrong ones.

Maybe purchase some of those felt stick on dots like you would use when you want to set stuff on furniture. Stick one of the dots on the top button of the zendrum. Then you could find the button by feeling. You would also know where the other buttons were.
Just an idea.
Cheers,
Steve

Zenfem#9

• Tribesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 01:45:15 pm »

Now that sounds easy and cheap.  Thanks for the suggestion.
"music is to me proof of the existence of God"
Kurt Vonnegut

weeksville

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 09:07:38 pm »

Just discovered the hard way (by trial and trial and trial and error) that the bank setting is global.  Wish the bank setting would change with the set up like the program change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up