Zendrum Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving Setups with different percussion groups  (Read 791 times)

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
Saving Setups with different percussion groups
« on: February 28, 2011, 11:07:01 PM »

Hey Darin,

In saving my setups (1 - 16), I seem to only be able to save one setup with a percussion group.  I am using the Roland TD-10, and as such have a choice of 4 percussion groups I can use with each setup. I'd like to be able to save and print for example, Setup 13 with percussion group 1; then go back and save Setup 13 with percussion group 2. Any possibility of doing that?

Thanks,
Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!

DrumWagon

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editor.
Re: Saving Setups with different percussion groups
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:45:18 AM »

Not sure I follow.  For each setup, you can assign a different mapping to each MIDI channel that you use.  You likely are using channel 11 for percussion, so just assign whichever pec group mapping you'd like to that channel, for whichever setup you desire.

HTH
◊ Creator of ZenEdit, the Premiere Zendrum Editing Suite: http://nebiru.com/zenedit/

Ask me about:
Zendrum ZX 4.0 -- Roland TDW-20, SPD-S, SPD-11 -- Alesis DM-Pro -- E-MU Planet Earth, Protean Drums -- BFD2, Battery 3

randtor

• Tribesman
  • Sunburst Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Red Eye Flight
Re: Saving Setups with different percussion groups
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 06:04:51 PM »

Sorry, I didn't explain that well :-)

OK, for a total percussion group, I have done what you suggested.  However, with setup Ch 16, I use 2 different percussion groups in the TD-10. I can switch from Perc Gr. 1 to 2, and have different instrumentation; I can have a shaker with group 1 on Pad L2, and then have a clave on the same pad with group 2.
But after examining the issue, I realized what I was asking for was a map of the instruments I use in TD-10, not the actual setup on the zendrum. That doesn't work so well, lol! So, disregard the question! Sometimes ya just gotta use excel!

Rand
www.reverbnation.com/redeyeflight
Red sunburst Zendrum (sweet!!!); Diamond Drum kit =~> Black Crystal with Bermuda Sand Stripes -- Bass-18x14 * Snare-13x5.5 * Tom1-10x7 * Tom2-12x8; TDW-20 with VEX Packs (VST1,2 & 3; Vintage and Exotic Kits); VdrumLib; Life is Good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up